throttle stuck?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

mikeshunk

throttle stuck?

Postby mikeshunk » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:11 am

hey guys quick questions. I just had my 2005 to the garage for the ECM relay recall, and they also did the crash zone sensor sensor recall. That was Friday. Well yesterday the wife was stopping at a stop light and she said the engine started to race, so she had to put both feet on the break and slam it into park. she said after she got it in park the engine slowed back down. Has this ever happened to anyone? I am calling the dealership once they open this morning.

Also, we have a squeak coming from the front, sounds like belt? It only has 34,000 miles on it. Would the belt already be squealing?

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:32 am

never heard of that happening to the pathfinder. get that checked out asap for safety reasons.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: throttle stuck?

Postby eieio » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:20 am

mikeshunk wrote:Well yesterday the wife was stopping at a stop light and she said the engine started to race, so she had to put both feet on the break and slam it into park. she said after she got it in park the engine slowed back down. Has this ever happened to anyone? I am calling the dealership once they open this morning.
loose floor mat on gas pedal?
mikeshunk wrote:Also, we have a squeak coming from the front, sounds like belt? It only has 34,000 miles on it. Would the belt already be squealing?
may be related to Technical Service Bulletin #NTB06-072a Drive Belt Noise, which addresses chirping, squeaking, or squealing noise from the drive belt

serturbo

Postby serturbo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 am

I thought Nissan had brake override. It should cut power so that the brakes always overcome the gas pedal no matter how hard you floor it.

mikeshunk

Postby mikeshunk » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:33 am

Thank's for the reply's guys. Like I said, my wife was driving, so it's hard to get an exact recount of what happened. I looked at the floor mat, and it doesn't look like there is any way it could have caused it. I called the dealer, and they said it shouln't have anything to do with the relay they replaced, and they haven't heard of this happening in this vehicle. So with that, I will drive it for a week or so and see if it does it again.

eieio: where can I find that service bulletin?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”