Question for the Techies

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:22 pm

@ eieio - No they didnt charge me since ive already bought a service contrct from them..And i didnt want to change it cos i wanted to show them that ive lsot confidence in them..They've done good work but till then but at the 40,000km service i also had them change the timing tensioner cos i got the whine,,heavy foot may be :D ...and all the fluids were also changed..
I know the service advisor as well,, and he was real upset that they had overlooked something simple like this..

@SHAWNATGERBROCK - sorry bro should've made it more clear,,im still running the OEM filter..I just brought up Mar1s old thread cos i didnt want to start a new one..The only thing im facing is a little hesitation in pick and go from around 80-100km/ph range on the high way particularly when i rev the motor around the 2500-4000RPMs..Beyond that,,the thing just starts to fly again as if a turbo kicked in or something..

So im trying to wonder if the lack in midrange torque is due to my dirty OEM filter which the dealer forgot to replace :?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:14 pm

coom1986 wrote:@ eieio - No they didnt charge me since ive already bought a service contrct from them..And i didnt want to change it cos i wanted to show them that ive lsot confidence in them..They've done good work but till then but at the 40,000km service i also had them change the timing tensioner cos i got the whine,,heavy foot may be :D ...and all the fluids were also changed..
I know the service advisor as well,, and he was real upset that they had overlooked something simple like this..

So im trying to wonder if the lack in midrange torque is due to my dirty OEM filter which the dealer forgot to replace :?
hard to imagine that a dirty air filter would cause your symptoms :?
it would be easy to swap in a new one to verify if it is the problem or not :wink:
might it be that they screwed up the cam chain timing when they replaced the timing chain tensioners? :shock:

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 pm

no bro, It ran fine,,even smoother actually after they did the timing chain tensioner,,this small symptom just came round 1000km ago..It feels fine,,the initial kick is there everythings fine,,its just that when ur on the highway,, specifically at those RPM ranges, i feel as if i need to get on the gas a just a tiny bit more to get the same amount of torque. May be its just me.

fincsher

Postby fincsher » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 pm

I am not a techies but I am researching about the CAI.. And want to know more alot about them. :D

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”