Lift kit - suggestions??

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Solid305

Postby Solid305 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 am

remyek wrote:The million dollar question; should I order coils for the front too?
I'm wondering about this also?!?

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 am

remyek wrote:Just before I hit the order button, I stand between the:

* Deluxe suspension package for your Pathfinder will provide approximately 2" of lift.
* Kit includes:
1. 2-Bilstein Ride Height Adjustable Front Shocks
o Zinc-plated shocks that install like factory replacement shocks and are designed to correct the factory rake.
o The OEM spring seat is repositioned to provide more preload to the factory spring.
o The result is a level front to rear ride height.
o Provides 0"-2" of lift.
o Sold individually.
2. 2-Rear Lift Coils
o Provides 2" of lift
o These coils replace your factory rear coils.
o Made of high quality steel using cold-wound process which virtually reduces settling or sagging
o Requires coil compressor for installation
o Powder coated black for longevity
o Can be used with drop down design suspension lift for additional lift
o Spring rate is increased and your ride will be firmer. Anytime you lift your vehicle, the firmness of your ride will be increased
3. 2-Rear Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks
o Bilstein gas pressure shocks use monotube design which dissipates heat more effectively than a twin tube shock for cooler, more efficient operation and longer life.
o 14mm hard chromed piston rod.
o The lightweight one piece rod guide is made from a unique aluminum alloy that maintains a nearly friction-free surface for longer life.
o The superior seal design keeps dirt out of the working cylinder and prevents failure even under severe pressures of up to 2150 psi.
o The piston head design allows independent tuning of the compression and rebound damping forces to provide optimum ride comfort and performance without compromise.
o Patented digressive valving instantly reacts to changing surface conditions for maximum comfort and control on and off road.
o Includes shock bushings and shock boot.
o Does not replace electronic adjustable shocks.

and

* Deluxe suspension package for your Pathfinder will provide approximately 2" of lift.
* Kit includes:
1. 2-Rancho Quick Lift Front Shocks
o Levels your front suspension and improves your ride.
o 1"-2.5" lift height.
o Liquid metallic finish.
o 9 position adjustable either manually or with in cab controller.
o In cab controller is sold separately and available Here!
o Reuse your factory coil.
2. 2-Rear Lift Coils
o Provides 2" of lift
o These coils replace your factory rear coils.
o Made of high quality steel using cold-wound process which virtually reduces settling or sagging
o Requires coil compressor for installation
o Powder coated black for longevity
o Can be used with drop down design suspension lift for additional lift
o Spring rate is increased and your ride will be firmer. Anytime you lift your vehicle, the firmness of your ride will be increased
3. 2-Rear Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
o Rancho 9 position adjustable XL shocks are bigger for bigger trucks and SUV's.
o 2.75" body diameter.
o 18mm rod diameter.
o Liquid metallic finish.
o Can be adjusted manually by the knob on the side or adjusted using the in-cab remote control, sold separately.

The million dollar question; should I order coils for the front too?
The nice thing about the Bilstein kit is that the front struts are adjustable.

I recently decided to take out my lift as I'm getting ready to trade in my truck.

All I had to do was remove the rear lift springs, insert the stock rear springs and set the front Bilsteins down to stock height. (I actually set the front Bilsteins at 1/2 an inch over stock height and now the front sits perfectly level with the rear)

I didn't have to replace anything to get the truck back to stock.

remyek

Postby remyek » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:33 pm

thanks

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”