General Grabber AT2s on a Pathfinder?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

HuskerPath

General Grabber AT2s on a Pathfinder?

Postby HuskerPath » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Although I'm hopefully about a year from needing new tires, I'm starting to do some research into what I should replace my '06 Path's tires with. It currently has General Grabbers. I've been pleased with them on dry and wet pavement, a little less so in snow and mud.

I don't do any really serious off-roading per se, but I do a LOT of hunting and drive country dirt and gravel roads as well in and out of, and ocassionally across fields a great deal.

Would the GG AT2s be a better choice next time around? Thanks in advance. :)

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Yes. I have not run them, although, like you, I have run the Grabber AWs and liked them very much. I wanted something a little more aggressive when it came time to replace the AWs. I checked a lot of reviews and the AT2s rated very well. I looked around here for them, but they were hard to find. I ended up going with Toyo Open County ATs instead. I know there are some people on here that run them and I'm sure they will chime in.

remyek

Postby remyek » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:58 pm

I´m on Dick Cepek at the moment, the FC-II and I love them. As for snow they love snow, and mud, and tarmac. Ice, not so good.

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:24 pm

I just replaced my OEM Generals on my 06 LE last week with the General Grabber HTS. We were hit with two snowstorms since having the tires installed and I got to test them out. Overall I am pretty pleased with them. My old tires were pretty crappy in the rain/snow slipped quite a bit, but the HTS are pretty good. The older tires were worn and I got the car with 44k miles on it.

What is the difference between the HTS/AW/AT ?

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:12 pm

I have the general grabbers AT2 on my 05. They look and drive great on the highway or offroad. They're quiet at high speeds and handle almost as well as a straight up road tire. I haven't gotten them into much mud but from what i have they do a good job. Gravel and dirt are no problem. They also shred through deep snow no problem. If your looking for a cheap aggressive great looking tire I would definitely get these. The only problem i have found is i did lose some gas mileage but i went with 1 size bigger than stock so that is probably the main cause. But def a great tire.

HuskerPath

Postby HuskerPath » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks folks! Anyone else?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”