AC/Heat .... one extreme too the next?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ramseyspath

AC/Heat .... one extreme too the next?

Postby ramseyspath » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:39 pm

what gives???? my wife & i just purchased a used 2005 Pathfinder this past week and this wknd went somewhere & it was like burn up on 65 & freeze at 60!!!!!!! WTH!

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:02 pm

my 05 does the same thing but eventually settles in too normal temperatures. after driving it awhile 60 however is always cold.

Here is a thread that talks about the same kind of issue:

http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=4763[/url]

ramseyspath

Postby ramseyspath » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:09 pm

hey i noticed you have the genral grabber AT's .... how do you like those? my wifes is a 2x4 with general grabbers on it but i would like to put like an all terrain on it just because i like the look better than just a street tire. i was thinking of the nitto terra grapplers

Jjlo176

Postby Jjlo176 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:24 pm

I had the same problem, in my 05 SE Off Road, right after the tranny/radiator replaced. Brought it back 4 (yes 4x) for the heat issue. They bled the system, on the 3rd time, and replaced the thermostat and its fine now. Apparently the service guy and the tech wasn't the brightest. Had several other issues wit them

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:00 pm

ramseyspath wrote:hey i noticed you have the genral grabber AT's .... how do you like those? my wifes is a 2x4 with general grabbers on it but i would like to put like an all terrain on it just because i like the look better than just a street tire. i was thinking of the nitto terra grapplers
Yeah I have them and they are a great tire. They look aggressive and fill out the wheel well real nice and perform great. They are awesome in snow and they are awesome on the road. You wont really be able to tell any difference from the general grabbers you have now on the road. I haven't had them in too much mud but from what I have they handle it with ease. There a great tire I would definitely buy them again. I did lose some mpg but i think that was mostly because I got the one size bigger than stock.

Pathfinder101

Postby Pathfinder101 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Cant beleive im saying this but im actually happy to see these replies
. I just picked up an 05 se Last week and was having the same issues with the heat 72 was so hot i had to close the vent. I was thinking it was having problems already. Not being a huge fan of heat this is not good

rubicon03

Postby rubicon03 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:21 am

Maybe I can help with that one.

A salesman told me that there is a sensor in the back of the truck, and until all the interior reach the temperature set in the front, the heater will push excessive heat in the front to heat up all the cabin.

The solution is to set the rear heater at full heat but at minimum fan speed, the rear sensor is then warm up an the front work almost normally pushing you normal 70 degree heat

It work but I sometime feel the rear heat coming in the front (usually when braking) in mild weather... but it's nothing compare to the heat wave of before!!!

Hope this will Help you

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”