A curious sound from under the hood...

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

HuskerPath

A curious sound from under the hood...

Postby HuskerPath » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Yesterday I had the dubious pleasure of driving through a moderately severe snowstorm through parts of central and eastern Nebraska. I was driving eastbound with the snow and wind blowing from the north. At one point the interstate was closed due to an accident and I had to detour north. This is when the very curious noise happened.

After I had been driving north for a few miles, I heard a weird bubbling or gurgling noise that sounded like it was coming from behind the instrument cluster and under the hood. All systems on my 2006 PF, including 4wd, were working fine. It only lasted a few minutes. I made it home about an hour later. When I looked under the hood, I could see a pretty good amount of snow in various parts of the engine compartment including around the intake for the air filter and up around the power steering fluid reservoir. Needless to say, the engine was really wet.

Is it possible that the sound I was hearing was snow being melted by the heat of the engine and then boiling off? If not, any other thoughts? :?: :D

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:30 pm

probly just the water passing in the hoses. if there are air bubbes u can hear em easily.
was the A/C on? that can make those sounds as welll.

where u hungry? possibly the sounds werent from the car? :P

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”