remote start fail...cant start 2000 path...at all

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

greeve440

remote start fail...cant start 2000 path...at all

Postby greeve440 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:40 pm

i've been coming here for little bits of info for a few years, but never really had a need to post until now...

so in my relentless insistence that i do-it-myself to save money and to prove to my wife that i don't break everything i touch, i've broken something. i've been working on installing a remote start kit for a while. i actually got it all wired up and it works great, horn honks, lights blink and everything. yay. it doesn't however start the car unless there is a key in the ignition. so i get an immobilizer bypass and wire it up and slip the transmitter ring around the ignition column and still nothing happens. i notice there is an alternative method where you actually wire the bypass wires directly inline with the wire that transmits from the ignition to the nvis (nissan vehicle immobilizer system). so i clip one of the two red/blue wires on the bottom of the ignition column, wire it up per the diagram, all the wire thinking "no big deal, if this doesn't work i'll just solder the wire back together". well, it didn't work. and, having soldering the wires back together, when i try to start, it doesn't, and i can hear a relay in the nvis opening and closing which i can only get to stop if i disconnect the battery. also, all the instrument lights shut off and the dome light. it got dark so i don't know which relay is cycling yet. i'm assuming i just bought a new ignition, but if anyone has a differing opinion i'd love to hear it. maybe the key needs to be re-entered into the ecu? i don't know. thanks in advance to any advice.

greeve440

fixed

Postby greeve440 » Sun May 01, 2011 12:06 pm

had to have it towed to dealer to reset codes. don't cut that wire.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”