Stillen intake installed, 08 V6 Path

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Mr Mayor

Stillen intake installed, 08 V6 Path

Postby Mr Mayor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 am

So I took the plunge and installed the full intake box from Stillen last night.

Fit was nice, finish was nicer, and my @ss dyno says "yes, there is an improvement".

I'd say immediate throttle, like normal highway, has improved slightly, and full throttle above 3600 is the biggest improvement, and sounds just right. It's not overly loud, like a pair of 4 barrels and no air filter (I know showing my age) but normal everyday highway and around town sound is totally unaffected. I cannot comment on gas mileage becuase I've only driven my daily commute so far (75 miles), and the mpg screen hasnt budged. I attribute this to 'honking' on it more to listen to it, OR, simply put, zero mpg improvement, and frankly that's not why I bought it....

Things I found.... direction pictures are "ehhhh", but the included text helps. It's lighter a little, the air smoother (inside the air filter) is a nice touch, and the FACTORY BOLT under the factory airbox, closest to the HORNS is a real %$#*&% to remove!! However, once done, it wasn't bad. Pay special attention to placement where MAF sensor goes in. (It goes without saying that you should NEVER remove the item, and then cycle the key/ignition... right ? NEVER)...

Just thought I'd share. Enjoy.

MM

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:27 pm

pics? what did you pay for it?

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 pm

$260.. and no pics because it looks exactly like the pic they supplied here:

Oo can't upload pic.... ok HERE:

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=S ... l=PATHFIND

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Mon May 16, 2011 11:56 am

Slight update, MPG stayed the same, but likely improved... WHAT?? Yeah I say that because I find myself "on the throttle" a little more often. But frankly, 2/10ths would surprise me.

As for sound, it's just so sweet. Makes me want to tinker for more power.. AR AR AR..

I did note twice now, and maybe coincidence but the mixture might be 'richening' up a bit because I can smell the occasional rotten egg/catalytic converter smell.... If it were 10 years ago, I'd say the cat is going bad, but now, it's really just doing its job IMO.

MM

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”