Howdy

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Billy T.

Howdy

Postby Billy T. » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:17 pm

I have had my SE V8 Pathfinder for about 2 months now. Great truck, lots of power for pulling our race car.

I own a VW/Audi performance and maintenance shop in the DFW, Texas area. I recently sold my Dually and needed somethng to pull the race car occasionally. The Pathfinder was the best midsize SUV with the biggest engine I could find. Compared it directly against the VW Toureg, and for my needs, the Pathfinder killed it and for 15K less.

Anyway, I've been lurking for a while now, and finally decided to get registered.

Here are some pics to get things going:

The race car:
718 whp, 10.3 @ 146 so far...

Anyway, love my Pathfinder, plenty of power to keep me entertained. So far it has an 8000K cheapo HID setup and some yellow fogs, but is otherwise stock. Looking forward to bouncing ideas off you guys for things we might be making for these. Hoping to build some intakes and exhausts for the V8 powered version. Should have some baseline dyno pulls done here pretty soon.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:25 pm

718 FWHP in that little thing? Sweet jesus it must be quite the handfull to launch... :D

Billy T.

Postby Billy T. » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:32 pm

It doesn't really get to be a hand full till 3rd and 4th, when it finally hooks up...

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:18 am

Great to see another VW guy on here. I just sold my 67 beetle last year. No time to work on it. I go to a few of the VW/Audi shows to get my kicks out of the old and new cars. One of the other guys just got a Corrado and set it up.

Anyway welcome to the Pathfinder fold. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Billy T.

Postby Billy T. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:13 am

I also have a 72 std that is getting a fuel injected 1915 turbo motor... Motor is finally getting built, should have it up and running in the next month.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:38 am

Sure wish I still had my Thing. I loved that car.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:00 pm

Welcome Bill: about those HIDs high and low beam or did you give up your highs? any better output? there was a thread I was reading regarding HIRs and HIDs, let us know how those are working for you since there are quite a few of us out there that would like to run
HIDs due to the lack of stock lighting output.

Billy T.

Postby Billy T. » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:40 pm

I gave up my highs. Not a huge deal, IMO. I aimed them down a bit to try and reduce the glare for oncoming drivers, and so far, over the last month I have had them, not one person has flashed me for being too bright. I have also been a lot more aware of every car i see with HIDs, facotry or not, and some OEM lights have worse glare then these do. I think it is just so common place now, that no one realy notices anymore.

Lighting output is real good, and the yellow fogs, which are 55w(stock) really help fill in the bad spots. I'll try to take a picture tonight and get it on here.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”