Remote Transmission Filter

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Andrew32

Remote Transmission Filter

Postby Andrew32 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:13 pm

ok, after dealing with the IPDM over a month ago and calming down...im obviously keeping the pathfinder.

Recently checked my coolant and its looking milky...YAY!! did the bypass temporarily and drained and filled both the coolant and transmission oil.

So i ordere the B&M trans cooler and am contimplating installing the B&M transmission oil filter kit. Figured it is a easy way to catch large debris in the trans fluid.
http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/Transm ... Filter-Kit

thoughts?

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:37 pm

You can never have too much filtration. Good idea. Unfortunately if you already had the mix, chances are some damage was done. Hopefully not though.

jerry6

Postby jerry6 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:59 pm

for $50.00 looks like good insurance , always good to have an easily changed filter . You should see the crap I had in the fluid filter change at 40,000 km , an extra filter would help keep the hard to change factory filter much cleaner , extending it's life .
Think I will buy one .

Andrew32

Postby Andrew32 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:12 am

so i got the filter in and im currently under the car....but there is NOWHERE to put this tihng. this thing is HUGE. Its like the Oil fliter for my Diesel. I may end up returning it ........well see how hot it gets...and how much i really want it in there.......

also willing to sell it for cheap if anyone is interested, PM me.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:26 am

Be careful that the filter will not RESTRICT the flow of the fluids to and from the tran cooler. The rate of flow may be necessary to keep things cool.

My recommendation is to just make sure you change the tranny oil on schedule (more if you off raod or tow) and you should be fine without the extra filter.

NoCode

Postby NoCode » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:00 am

I realize this thread is nearly a year old but for others looking for additional filtration, look into the Magnefine in line filters. I use them on my Hondas and they are fantastic.

One question, I have not seen any threads/info on changing the AT filter on the Pathfinder. Does it have a serviceable filter?

I think I'm going to install the Magnefine in line filter on mine and use that for the serviceable filter change.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:06 am

NoCode wrote: One question, I have not seen any threads/info on changing the AT filter on the Pathfinder. Does it have a serviceable filter?
Yes. There is a screen type filter on the valve body. l didnt think the Pathy had a trans filter at all until I replaced the valve body last month. It is the style that could be removed, cleaned off, and reinstalled.

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:43 am

whydid you replace the valve body?

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:21 am

WheatBread wrote:whydid you replace the valve body?
A solenoid in the valve body went bad and the transmission would be in 4th taking off from a stop. The solenoid is serviced only by replacing the valve body. See my topic here...

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=4910

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:06 am

so we CAN service this filter? I was told there was no filter that could be serviced. THis is great if this is correct

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:26 am

WheatBread wrote:so we CAN service this filter? I was told there was no filter that could be serviced. THis is great if this is correct
I dont see why not. It is just a basic screen style filter. I was going to clean mine before putting in the new valve body but the replacement valve body came with a new one.
The screen is easily removeable after you take off the trans pan.

NoCode

Postby NoCode » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:40 am

So has anyone installed a magnefine in line filter on the Pathfinder? I searched and this was the only thread that popped up. I'm just curious to see if someone has and where in their ATF return line they located it. Doesn't look like much room really anywhere in the return line to put it. Magnefine calls for 12" of straight run to install.

Thanks for any input.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”