New to Path finders..Strongly considering this 2008

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

135zeus

New to Path finders..Strongly considering this 2008

Postby 135zeus » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:38 am

Hello All-

I have been looking at this 2008 SE for a few weeks now. I don't know THAT much about the pathfinders so I thought I'd reach out to the REAL experts on these vehicles (the forums of course...NOT the dealerships :) )

The vehicle will be used as a DD for my wife and carting around our two children. So far, I've read mostly stuff about rattling noises and things like that. Although I understand how that can be outrageously annoying, I really want/need to know about potential engine, trans and/or electrical issues.

A few months back I unloaded a 2005 Volvo XC90 that I enjoyed dearly for about five years. Major engine repair was done for a KNOWN volvo design issue....not something I want to go through again.

Please take a look at this vehicle and let me know what I should look out for. Thank you all!! Hope to see you all more often after I buy this!

http://www.fairfaxhonda.com/detail.cfm? ... erBy=5%2C0

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:13 am

Welcome 135zeus! :)
here's some info...........
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... 6052#36052

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:31 am

Looks pretty good. Nearly identical to mine by the looks of it. Nice that it has the side/curtain airbags (you should verify that) because those are pretty hard to find on the '08 models. Looks like a pretty heavy scuff on the right-rear corner?

I've just passed 54k miles and really have had no problems. Some rattles and noises here and there, but no real issues. I need to change the front sway-bar bushings which also have an updated part but that's really the only repair I have on the list. You may decide to change out the tires. I put a Michelin highway tire on mine and it drives MUCH better.

I'm really surprised at the pricing on these. I was looking at going back to a truck awhile back and was offered $21k for mine on trade. I only paid $24k for it two years ago with 15k miles!! Have you been able to negotiate below their "sale" price? Just curious what these are really going for.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”