Where do you get your mods?

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

kdoubt

Where do you get your mods?

Postby kdoubt » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:56 am

Hey guys, new here!

I just picked up one of these beauties as a winter beater and wanted to have some fun with it. Where do you go for your mods? I checked on ebay but was only able to find some overpriced headlight enclosures. Do we have to just get generic truck accessories? Is this truck too old for visual upgrades?

Chairs!

Scaramoche

Mods

Postby Scaramoche » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:45 pm

Depends on what year you have. if you have an older 87-95 Pathy, its a bit difficult.

for lifts there are a couple of sights online that supply them(google), they run about 1k.

as for engine mod's this is a good/bad thing. I have an 89 pathy with the vg30I v6. This was a very popular engine for nissan and if i remember correctly was made up until the early 2k(or late 90's), either way there are alot of after market parts for them, the problem though is if you look for performance part for a pathy it's slim pickings, and in many cases if you search for parts for other models that had the engine, they may not be a direct wire up, or require alot of modifications to fit.

In a nutt shell, it's very difficult to up your HP, and things such as body mods, lifts, lights etc, just keep checking Craigslist, and ebay.

Also my favorite place to get parts is the junk yard, infact i would hit there, I have found upgraded bumpers, light bars etc, granted you will have to replate, or paint alot them.

as a note the 2 door pathy is one that many people enjoy(i do) but they tend to be project vehicals, everything from carpet, seats, and trim are difficult to find, and sometimes very costly. I have become done all the work myself instead of hiring somone, and has been an awesome, and sometimes frustrating experience, but the end result rocks

Regards,
Scara

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:06 am

you will find everything you need at this place : www.4x4parts.com which specializes in nissan aftermarket parts.

R3DN1CK

Re: Mods

Postby R3DN1CK » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Scaramoche wrote:Depends on what year you have. if you have an older 87-95 Pathy, its a bit difficult.

for lifts there are a couple of sights online that supply them(google), they run about 1k.

as for engine mod's this is a good/bad thing. I have an 89 pathy with the vg30I v6. This was a very popular engine for nissan and if i remember correctly was made up until the early 2k(or late 90's), either way there are alot of after market parts for them, the problem though is if you look for performance part for a pathy it's slim pickings, and in many cases if you search for parts for other models that had the engine, they may not be a direct wire up, or require alot of modifications to fit.

In a nutt shell, it's very difficult to up your HP, and things such as body mods, lifts, lights etc, just keep checking Craigslist, and ebay.

Also my favorite place to get parts is the junk yard, infact i would hit there, I have found upgraded bumpers, light bars etc, granted you will have to replate, or paint alot them.

as a note the 2 door pathy is one that many people enjoy(i do) but they tend to be project vehicals, everything from carpet, seats, and trim are difficult to find, and sometimes very costly. I have become done all the work myself instead of hiring somone, and has been an awesome, and sometimes frustrating experience, but the end result rocks

Regards,
Scara
The VG30I was from 1987 to 1989, the VG30E was 1990 to 1995, then Nissan went to the VG33E up until around 2001 and swapped in the VQ35DE.

Any of these motors can be modded by getting intake, cams, flywheel, ecu tuning from Jim Wolf Technology:

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/

I will be getting all the upgrades in the future. I am getting the mini lift from 4x4 parts, intake from JWT and an exhaust locally.

velvetsanity

Postby velvetsanity » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:54 am

If you need repair parts for it, be sure to check rockauto.com

From what I've seen, they have some of the best prices on a lot of parts.

I couldn't really say much about mods, though. (Not yet, anyway. I still have a couple more days before I can say my '91 XE is fully up and running)

Eugster

Welder

Postby Eugster » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:28 pm

Cardboard, an imaginative mind and if you're not a welder, find one, make friendly and he drinks for free.

Nismothunder

Postby Nismothunder » Tue May 18, 2010 6:55 am

The cheapy way to lift wd21s is to get the coil springs from a v8 JGC or ttb ford truck and put them in the back and a t-bar crank to lift the front.Theres also body lifts.

cheiane

Re: Where do you get your mods?

Postby cheiane » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm

kdoubt wrote:Hey guys, new here!

I just picked up one of these beauties as a winter beater and wanted to have some fun with it. Where do you go for your mods? I checked on ebay but was only able to find some overpriced headlight enclosures. Do we have to just get generic trucks accessories? Is this truck too old for visual upgrades?

Chairs!
try on clraiglist or stylintrucks. my friend offer me that and they have a cheap price for the accessories. :wink:

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”