Post pictures of your tires please.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

speedline

Post pictures of your tires please.

Postby speedline » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:46 am

Hey all, just looking at tire options for my 07 SE.

Pictures would be great.

Thanks

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:46 pm

What type of tires are you planning on putting on SL, something offroad or for highway.

speedline

Postby speedline » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:57 pm

Want to put on the BF Goodrich all terrain tire.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Here's a pretty good comparision chart from Tire Rack of the various types of all terrain tires; Goodyear Silent Armor are the ones a lot of offroad racers use for example, but the Michelin LTX A/T probably has the best wearing tread.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyres ... ?type=ORAT

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:23 pm

I see that US Sears stores are having some excellent winter sales on tires if that's handy for you;

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/c_10153_1260 ... tive_Tires

socal4x

Postby socal4x » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:23 pm

I have Nitto Terra Grapplers...265/70/17s

They are really good for the price, but not a durable as the BFGs...

Where I go in the Sierras, the bedrock frags on the trail can be sharp, my Nittos got cut up on the last trip...no leaks though. Also, they seem to be a bit more slippery on icy/snowy roads than the BFGs...

They ride good though, and I paid $80 less per tire than a BFG all terrain, so can't complain. I don't have pics up (except my avatar), but if you go to 4wheelparts.com, you can see the tires. Will post on the web when I get my OME kit installed.[/img]

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:06 am

I just put a set of 265/70/16 Pirelli Scorpion ATR's on my '06 Pathfinder last week.

I drove 160 dry miles and then 160 more miles yesterday in rain/ice/snow transition. The traction is amazing on the road compared to the stock tires. Night and day. Noise level is about like my stock 245/75/16 Gen. Grabbers were. I lost about 1 mpg on the trip computer, but this is a slightly larger tire w/ more weight, so I have no problem with that.

I am going out to check out a farm for a possible hunting lease tomorrow morning, it's suposed to snow today, then get warm overnight and tomorrow (40's) so I bet it'll be super muddy so I'll get some idea of how they do offroad then.

I have a set of 33x12.5x15 BFG AT's on my Bronco, they are great off road (in everything except deep clay mud, you can't beat a real mud tire for clay) but seem a lot louder on the highway then these Pirelli's

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:54 am

I highly recommend Goodyear Fortera Tripletred, although they're special order due to no one wanting to pay for the premium tire. I just put the new set on about 1000 miles ago, and they are amazing. Great dry traction, and they slice through standing water unbelievably. Handling of the truck is probably the biggest improvement though, as they really tightened up the control and steering response. It's amazing how much difference the tires make in truck stability and amount of body roll.

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:17 am

I got out to the property at 8am before it thawed, but the sun came out and thawed the first couple of inches of mud and turned it into a real sloppy mess.

The tires did GREAT. A couple of other guys were also looking at the land on ATV's. The land owner, his girlfriend, and I went back in my Pathfinder. We covered the whole place just fine. The 'pucker' factor was a little high as I REALLY didn't want to get stuck back there and didn't know the area, but we made it though the gunk just fine. This included a STEEP hill climb on the way out w/ some pretty deep ruts that were about 1/2 thawed.

I've been off road w/ the stock tires and know they wouldnt have gotten me though this stuff. I had to be more careful then I would have w/ my Bronco (which has a rear locker and front LSD) but I was still VERY impressed.

Now.....I have to get outside and wash my car before people come over for my Super Bowl party!

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:11 am

ImageImageImage
Toyo OpenContry AT LT265/75R16 C thats about 15k of hard wear. (Tearing ass round corners, playing in the snow an rain /w VDC off)
Never had any issues with water or snow at any capacity with exception of a freak storm that put 2" of ball bearing sized hail/sleet on the roads.
Going LT over P is a tough choice and one I'm not sure I would make again. The square shoulder, stiffer sidewall, and deeper tread are nice but speeds over 82mph on surfaces less than glass can get annoying considering feed back through the steering wheel. Plus going from the S/SE/LE overall diameter of 30.5 to 31.6 is really noticeable when it comes to acceleration at highway and super highway speeds. On OEM XE/S suspension with airlift set to 20psi, installing OME sometime in the next week or so, which may help.
Still a great all around AT, tremendous bang for the buck. I keep mine at around 48-50psi. If anyone does go the route of the LT tires you best not run them at 35psi, they are not designed for it and your ride and handling will suffer.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:30 pm

Fofiddy wrote:...going from the S/SE/LE overall diameter of 30.5 to 31.6 is really
noticeable when it comes to acceleration at highway and super highway speeds.
Did you have your odometer recalibrated after installing the tires, and did you notice a
reduction in rpm at highway speed and if so how much. Thanks

Michelin makes a 235/85R16 M/S 65 psi tire in a D rating which wouldn't be as stiff riding
as an 80 psi E rated tire, but at 32 inches would give some extra clearance for offroad.
The LTX M/S gets good reviews for everything including noise, grip, wear and fuel economy.

Michelin LTX M/S

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:01 pm

No recalibration necessary all pathfinders are pretty much calibrated to the 31.5" tires found on the SE off road. Well at least that is what they appear to be set to according to several GPS units and other Path owners, kinda common (and sleazy) automotive practice.

My C load are max 50psi, but keeping in mind they are an LT tire on a suspension that was designed for tires that are 10lbs lighter a piece with way softer sidewalls. I'm hesitant to go over the 31.6" mark myself due to the lighter duty NA components. That and the truck is enough of a pig (to my standards) with 31.6"s. If I were to go 32" or up I'd have to back it up with a VK swap or a supercharger and beefing up the suspension. Rather put that money to the Banks kit I'll eventually get after the 2010 diesel 1/2 ton pick ups hit the market.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:01 pm

Fofiddy wrote:No recalibration necessary all pathfinders are pretty much calibrated to the 31.5" tires found on the SE off road. Well at least that is what they appear to be set to according to several GPS units and other Path owners, kinda common (and sleazy) automotive practice.
And very misleading to those who don't run the larger tire who think they are getting better fuel economy than they really are.

Billy T.

Postby Billy T. » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:11 pm

interestingly enough, my trip odometer and my trip computer will be about 7 miles different after I run through a tank of gas (~265 miles)...

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”