tow hook on receiver hitch and other questions

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

prstn5580

tow hook on receiver hitch and other questions

Postby prstn5580 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:32 am

Hi guys new to the forums, this may be a stupid question but.... if i put a pushbar on front and it uses my tow hook holes can I put a hook in my reciever hitch to be pulled up on to a flatbed or pull out from being stuck.

thanks

Also I looked through the lift section it seems alot of people were having prob with the alignment after 2-3 lifts. I'm looking for a 2-3in lift any advice in what I'm going to need.. Also does anyone know a place in central New jersey I could go to get this done.

Allso did they fix the radiator/trans leak prob in the 2009

i know this is alot of newbe questions,sorry, any help would be great...I've been looking on this forum for 3 weeks. lot of great info..

thanks Andy

2009 pathfinder S

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:24 pm

push bars / bull bars are garbage. they only mount at the base and essentially pivot about that point.

you will not be able to use them to push anything and they will cause more damage than they prevent. it WILL buckle under load and will either crush your radiator (if pushed toward the truck in a minor accident) or be bent into scrap (if pulled away from the truck when used as a recovery point).

prstn5580

Postby prstn5580 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:23 pm

thank for your 2 cents, but you didn't answer any of my question.. :?:

basemodel

Postby basemodel » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:59 pm

i made my own recovery hook out of stuff we had laying around at work. 2" square tube, old loader bucket hook, crappy miller mig welder. it inserts into the receiver, and has successfully yanked my dad's crew-cab dakota out of the mud. twice. no problems.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Welcome to the forum.

OK...

1. About your hypothetical rear tow hook - yes you can mount one in your receiver for the sake of towing and recovery. There are tons available in varying strengths. You could possibly reuse your front tow hook if you can find longer bolts to run through the tow hook and push bar bracket.

http://www.etrailer.com/c-WTH.htm

2. Buy these to prevent any alignment woes after you're lifted. Early PFs have them already but they tend to bind up over the miles. Later model PFs don't have them at all. Since they only they list them for '05 to '07, call to make sure I'm not missing anything important. I know the R51 PF has had the same suspension design since the beginning. I'm pretty sure others have had to buy these post-lift to get the alignment right.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/genuine ... -4194.html

3. Not sure about the radiator issue. It hasn't been a problem for me. I have 108K miles on mine and it still runs as cool as Cool Runnings.

prstn5580

Postby prstn5580 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks for your responses. Icedteasly your roof basket is sick, thats a mod I'd love to do, if I could afford it.
Again I appreciate all your knowledge, since I'm a noob

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”