Shock Absorber recomendation

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

filhu

Shock Absorber recomendation

Postby filhu » Mon May 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi,

New to the forum, greetings !!!!

Recently changed shocks on my brand new used Path, it is a 2000 SE with RWD, 80,000 miles and still had OEM shocks, I drive off road a lot for work and they where not up to the job, any one hs a good recomedation about which brand to buy? just something tough that will take some abuse

I checkked Bilstein and tokico but culd not find te parts.

Thanks

Rydebynite

Re: Shock Absorber recomendation

Postby Rydebynite » Wed May 25, 2011 11:09 pm

filhu wrote:Hi,

Recently changed shocks on my brand new used Path, it is a 2000 SE with RWD, 80,000 miles and still had OEM shocks, I drive off road a lot for work and they where not up to the job, any one hs a good recomedation about which brand to buy? just something tough that will take some abuse

Thanks
If your going to be doing a lift then go w/ Rancho or if you going to maintain stock height or lowering it http://www.4x4parts.com/nissan sell lowering springs you should get KYB's!

panbacca

Postby panbacca » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Rydebynite wrote:

Thanks
If your going to be doing a lift then go w/ Rancho or if you going to maintain stock height or lowering it http://www.4x4parts.com/nissan sell lowering springs you should get KYB's!
Old Man Emu shocks are pretty good as well. Their Nitro shocks would be suited for something not lifted.

NMR50Pathfinder03

Shocks

Postby NMR50Pathfinder03 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:09 pm

KYB's are great for stock setups. If you are lifting it, then go for a complete Old Man Emu (OME) lift kit. With Nitro Charger shocks and OME springs, in my opinion it is the best lift for the R50 Pathfinder. :)

cheiane

Postby cheiane » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Recently changed shocks on my brand new used Path, it is a 2000 SE with RWD, 80,000 miles and still had OEM truck shocks, I drive off road a lot for work and they where not up to the job, any one hs a good recomedation about which brand to buy? just something tough that will take some abuse

Thanks
hi i just wanna ask on how to change shock on nissan? how to remove and install new one. any response please. thanks a lot! :roll:

Massaget

Re: Shocks

Postby Massaget » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:27 pm

NMR50Pathfinder03 wrote:KYB's are great for stock setups. If you are lifting it, then go for a complete Old Man Emu (OME) lift kit. With Nitro Charger shocks and OME springs, in my opinion it is the best lift for the R50 Pathfinder. :)
Right-Kayaba is good choise:Japanese quality by low price! :)

Outdoorsman

Postby Outdoorsman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:05 pm

I personally just love the upgrade I just gave my 2001 Manual w/ LTD Slip. I went with new springs from a company out of Australia name EMU. Although mine it 2X4; the components are the same. I actually went with KYB on the shocks prior to finding EMU. My set-up seems just fine; but they do have shocks they sell that match their springs. Gave a nice 1 1/2 - 2 inch lift; the perfect stance for these babies. Started by thinking I was bottoming out when a loud "clunk" was coming from the rear over dips and shifting at times. Just discovered this blown out bushing issue on the rear sway bar control links...hoping for a polyeurathane replacement I guess. Complete Kits out there anyone?

USERNAME

Postby USERNAME » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 am

Outdoorsman wrote:I personally just love the upgrade I just gave my 2001 Manual w/ LTD Slip. I went with new springs from a company out of Australia name EMU. Although mine it 2X4; the components are the same. I actually went with KYB on the shocks prior to finding EMU. My set-up seems just fine; but they do have shocks they sell that match their springs. Gave a nice 1 1/2 - 2 inch lift; the perfect stance for these babies. Started by thinking I was bottoming out when a loud "clunk" was coming from the rear over dips and shifting at times. Just discovered this blown out bushing issue on the rear sway bar control links...hoping for a polyeurathane replacement I guess. Complete Kits out there anyone?
Any pictures post lift?

roki303

Postby roki303 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 am

I've been running Old Man Emu (shocks and springs all around) and have been very happy with it. Especially in the rear they are day and night - original springs were so soft and rear would sag badly with any weight in the trunk.

Like the 1.5 inch lift as well.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”