2001 question about mass airflow sensors

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

wnadrag

2001 question about mass airflow sensors

Postby wnadrag » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:46 pm

I need to buy a new mass airflow sensor for my pathfinder. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have found them for all different prices ranging from as little as $55 brand new on ebay all the way up to $500 at the auto parts store. The parts stores on line will list 7 different MAF sensors that all seem to be exactly the same for 7 different prices. What do I do? I don't want to have this problem again a month from now, but I don't want to pay out of the you know what if I don't have to. Looking at this part I can't understand why it should cost more than twenty bucks!

Tele4Mongo

Postby Tele4Mongo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Purchase MAF cleaner and spray it down like new. Spray the inside clean as well as the sensor. Do this before replacing. If you have to replace, I believe you can purchase just the sensor and not the entire kit that runs the cost up. The sensor is half the price when I checked. Besides, it's easier to just replace the sensor.

wnadrag

Postby wnadrag » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Thank you Tele4Mongo. I did try the cleaner first. No change. I ended up Buying a brand new one off Ebay for $50. I figured I would give it a shot before I spent $300. Started right up and ran great. So far so good.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”