Disable security systems internal sensor?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

sveintore

Disable security systems internal sensor?

Postby sveintore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:23 am

I have a dog in my car, and I don't know if I can lock the door without engaging the alarm. Is that possible?
Should I take a trip to my local dealer and get the sensor disabled (if possible)

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:35 am

I have a 80lb 2yo German Shephard that I lock in the vehicle pretty frequently, he has never set it off and he will move around quite a bit.
I can regularly expect to come back from a store with dome lights on and the sunglass holder open, not to mention some foggy windows and some schnoot prints on the windows I that don't leave partially open for him. He's already broken my rear cupholder figdeting waiting for my return.
He's my furry little terrorist.

I reccomend a back seat hammock if your pooch is a shedder, or just leather (vaccums easier)... Image

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:53 am

Thanks for answering..
No back seats here (tax purposes) and the dogs is in a crate.

The alarm will sound for only 30 seconds and stop (if the dogs have stopped moving)

I can disable the internal sensors by turning the ignition on and off three times before exiting the car (a buzzer will sound when locking). But I don't want to do that every time.

I'll put the crate further back in the car, hopefully that will help :)

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:14 am

No back seats at all or no 3rd row? your going to have to post pics...
As for the internal motion sensors to my knowledge we just don't have them on the NA pathfinders.

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:23 am

Pics will be posted later tonight..

Huge cargo area and a wall between front seats and cargo area. I like it..
When the car is ten years old, I can put the seats into the car without paying the taxes. Very strange rules..

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:47 pm

No pictures tonight, camera was powerless..

But found one that might work:

You get the general idea from this?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:26 pm

So how does that work? You can choose not to have seats installed and pay a lower road tax rate or something? Or do they come with the seats and you can remove them later?

Interesting ability.

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Road tax is the same. But it's the "import-tax" or registration-tax. It's over a third of the total cost of the pathfinder.

Cars are generally very expensive in norway. When you buy a new one you pay a sum of import, weight and environment taxes. On an brand new car without the seats, the car with taxes costs almost USD 100k. With back seats it costs USD 150k. I do have the seats, but they're in my parents basement. I can put them in whenever I want to, but have to pay some of the taxes. 10% for each year that is left until the car is 10 years. The only thing that irritates me with the pathfinder is that the sunroof won't work because of this rebuild.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:35 am

Very neat. Thanks for the explanation. I know some states here in the US assess some sort of personal tax on vehicles above and beyond regular registration costs (which I believe is $200 or less everywhere depending on how many years the registration is good for) and that sounds like what you've got. But no way the Gubment would trust owners to not put the seats back in ;) I've been lucky enough to not live in any of said states so far.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:51 am

blink32 wrote:But no way the Gubment ...
Speaking of which, just to give you an idea of how &*%#ed up things are in my neck of the woods (sagebrush), they are pushing a bill to allow concealed weapons permit holders to openly carry their firearms. And that is into any public building...basically anywhere they want. People come from all over the US to get concealed weapons permits because they are so easy to get here, and they are very easy to get. Not sure how long the article will be up: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8310247

Back to sveintore. What are the regulations in Norway concerning what is classified as a "used" vehicle? One of the tricks of the trade for quite a number of people in the US is to purchase a vehicle in, say, Germany. They fly out, complete the paperwork, then drive off for a few weeks to get the mileage up a bit, which then makes the "new" car a "used" car, which makes it far cheaper to get into the US. You were mentioning a US $100k price, which is almost 3x the amount we pay for the vehicle Stateside. Do you get any breaks for used vehicles?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:29 pm

NVSteve wrote:People come from all over the US to get concealed weapons permits
I'll have to look into that. I got my CCW from Florida via the USPS. Picked up a Maine and CT one also just to support the states that offer non-resident CCW's.

In a lot of ways I'm for Open Carry but the sensible and conscientious gun owner in me (or in anyone) wouldn't/shouldn't ever do it. I would think that having a legal way for responsible citizens to CCW would be the best all around route. Avoid all the panic and terror from open carry.

Interesting that this came up as I will be exercising my CCW tonight in Philadelphia. Have a disaster recovery scenario to walk through from 12am to 9am and of course the facility has to be in the shadier part of town.

Sorry for the side track

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:43 pm

NVSteve wrote:
blink32 wrote:But no way the Gubment ...
Back to sveintore. What are the regulations in Norway concerning what is classified as a "used" vehicle? One of the tricks of the trade for quite a number of people in the US is to purchase a vehicle in, say, Germany. They fly out, complete the paperwork, then drive off for a few weeks to get the mileage up a bit, which then makes the "new" car a "used" car, which makes it far cheaper to get into the US. You were mentioning a US $100k price, which is almost 3x the amount we pay for the vehicle Stateside. Do you get any breaks for used vehicles?
I think "used" is based on age. It's a big business to import vehicles from europe that has been used for a year or two. Mileage don't seem to be an big issue. (but there are new rules for cars that has a high downfall in value)
First, you pay VAT (25% of the price of the car in the country you import from), then theres a tax for weight/engine power. Then they deduct for the use of the vehicle (either age, or general value loss in the used market in the originating country, whichever gives you the most deduction). Strange rules... Hard to explain, and it does not help that I have to explain in english ;)

But when importing engines, it is (or atleast was) normal with brand new engines to run it for a couple of hours to claim that it was used..

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”