Group buy for Shrockworks Bumper or Skids or Sliders?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Would you be interested in a Group buy for a Shrockworks or ARB bumper?

Sign me up for the Shrockworks
75%
Sign me up for the ARB
13%
I don't have an OME and potholes are the roughest terrain I deal with
13%
I'd be too much of a danger to pedestrians with a setup like this
No votes

Total votes: 8

Fofiddy

Group buy for Shrockworks Bumper or Skids or Sliders?

Postby Fofiddy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:39 am

Out of Morbid curiosity anyone here intersted in going with a heavy duty bumper like an ARB or Shrockworks.
Here are some of the Shrockworks units on Frontiers:
Image Image

The ARB:
Image Image
Last edited by Fofiddy on Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:01 am

I like the Shrockworks bumper more than the ARB, but I don't have nor want a winch. I'd prefer a decent bullbar and a locker.

socal4x

Postby socal4x » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:19 pm

Shrockworks....definitely cleaner...how would it work with options, etc? I am partial to the clean, no light hoops look, but would like a winch...

BTW...Where'd the wheels on the Frontier in the Shrockworks photos come from...They look like custom painted Nismos???

geoffstgermaine

Postby geoffstgermaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm probably going to be getting that Shrockworks bumper at some point in the near future (after the Shrockworks skid plates).

I think those Nismo wheels are available in both a light and dark finish.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:40 am

socal4x wrote:Shrockworks....definitely cleaner...how would it work with options, etc? I am partial to the clean, no light hoops look, but would like a winch...

BTW...Where'd the wheels on the Frontier in the Shrockworks photos come from...They look like custom painted Nismos???
The Shrockwork Bumpers can be customized to have full Loops like on Ragpoa's 05 http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... 6&start=15 Prerunner, or no loops. Also the shackles are optional in addition to having mounting for our OEM fogs. Finishes include bare metal as well as powdercoats. check it out yourself:
http://www.shrockworks.com/Nissan-Front ... 16152.html

The Rims are the OEM OffRoad pkg X/PAthy/Nismo Frontier, just painted.
I joked about ganking them last time I posted em. I've had a real hard time finding a wheel I really like out there. I love the KMC XD Thugs in teflon, or the Procomp 7005/7105/9005 too Wrap either one in 33" MTs and I'm there that is if they actually made them to our specs...
Image Image

socal4x

Postby socal4x » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:40 pm

Actually, what I meant was, if we had a group buy, would each of us be entitled to individual options, or would the buy cover only one type??? That would have to be worked out...

I have the shrock skids and sliders now...I like 'em alot, but they required some extra modification to get mounted -- no biggy, may just be my model Pathfinder.

I do agree about the lack of rim sizes... those P-Comps look great...I compromised with what I could find...They should have used the same bolt pattern as the Titan/Armada.

Fofiddy

Shrockworks: Bumper/Skidplate/Slider Group Buy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:26 pm

I haven't approached either company as of yet, due to appearant lack of interest (VOTE FOLKS). But it goes by volume, I'm sure if 5-10 people would show honest interest we could strike a deal with shrockworks and odds are each bar would be customizable. I personally would go with the prerunner loop and winch prov. ARB would be more of working with a distributor since that has to come from AUS...
But I'm not going to call/write a email to a manufacturer expressing interest in a group buy, when only 2 people have voted and it's not even for the same thing.
We are talking about 140lbs bumpers I'm sure those expressing interst would be limited to Canadians and the Continental US residents. At that point we aren't talking about shipping but freight.

Socal I totally agree if we had the Titan's 6x5.5" out wheel selection would be near limitless... instead we can choose between caddy SRX and 1st gen Drango wheels (lame).

Update:

I sent an inquiry to Shrockworks and here is what I got back:
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:02 AM
To: ****************
Subject: RE: Shrockworks Bumper

10 products 10 percent off to a bumper to a SET of sliders to a SET of skid plates.
Kevin

OK so there you have it folks anyone interested in anything out of the shrockworks lineup (look at the Frontier stuff for a rough idea) those items built to your specs for an extra 10% off, now is your time to speak up... Wonder what would happen if we got 20 people together?

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:19 pm

was hoping the updating the post would reflag it soooo. read up here ^^^^^

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:49 pm

So worst case scenario front bumper $1043.10 shipped (assuming no adds/removes from the basic package).

Anyone have any info on the install? Any cutting or fabbing required for install? I'm also interested in how it mounts, if it uses all original mounts or if it uses some of the auxiliary mounting holes also. I'd like to have some sort of front mount hitch and if I can't get an integrated one I'd hate to lose the option to bolt one on later to the holes that exist in the frame.

I don't think I'm man enough to use one of these bad boys on my path. 8)

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:24 pm

blink32,

Yes, I installed the front Shrockworks myself. Actually, it was quite easy. Only need to trim the bumper to the same height as the Frontier upper bumper, and everything else is bolt on.
It uses all the original mounts, some aux holes, plus some brackets that bolt right on the frame. It's real solid.
There is still room for the front mount hitch if need be.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”