Bumper Mouth Bracket for Frontier, Pathfinder maybe

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

TnLoneWolf

Postby TnLoneWolf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Hey fangers....we are in Jan 2012 now, I'd love a bracket for my 2007
would $50 shipped to 37075 work? Just let me know, I have Paypal account.
Thanks

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: power supply and wire routing?

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 am

cgray wrote:I am trying to install some aux lights on my pathfinder very similar to what has been done here already. I have the lights and switch ready to go. What did you use for power supply to the switch? any suggestions on how to run the relay wire through the firewall?
I did some snooping with a voltmeter by checking the leads on the other couple of switches that are nearby the light switch. I just turned the key to the ACC position & tested the leads, then tested to make sure the lead I found wasn't hot with the ignition off. I originally connected a power lead from one of the other switches' light lead. Not enough juice for the switch, so I found another that put out a solid 12 volts & spliced into that. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a lead you can use.

There is a thick wiring harness that goes through the firewall via a big rubber grommet looking thing on the driver's side. I puched a small hole in it using a tiny electronics screwdriver, fed the wire through, then put a few dabs of silicone on it to seal it. I'd imagine there is something similar on the passenger's side, but there isn't much wiggle room like there is on the driver's side.

cgray

Postby cgray » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Thanks for the info. I found the same place last night you are talking about for feeding the wire to the relay and it worked out great. I am still not quite sure where I am going to pull in the 12V signal. I was thinking the top power outlet on the passanger side but it is not the easiest to get to. I did notice a few connectors that are not being used that may have power. Are any of those power sources that people on here have tapped into before?

TnLoneWolf

Postby TnLoneWolf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Well guys, I've got my bracket headed this way!
Thanks
Robert

fangars

Postby fangars » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Sorry I could not meet the holiday pricing, but my sales were very low on December. It has been a good month for me traditionally but this last one was the lowest sales volume in my history.

cgray

Postby cgray » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Well....lights bolted to bar, bull bar mounted to frame, now to wire up the switch in the cabin.

TnLoneWolf

Postby TnLoneWolf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:14 pm

fangars wrote:Sorry I could not meet the holiday pricing, but my sales were very low on December. It has been a good month for me traditionally but this last one was the lowest sales volume in my history.
No problem, thanks for shipping so quickly

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:41 am

cgray wrote:Thanks for the info. I found the same place last night you are talking about for feeding the wire to the relay and it worked out great. I am still not quite sure where I am going to pull in the 12V signal. I was thinking the top power outlet on the passanger side but it is not the easiest to get to. I did notice a few connectors that are not being used that may have power. Are any of those power sources that people on here have tapped into before?
Where are you installing the switch? Any of the switches nearby can be tapped, it's just a matter of finding a powered lead from one. Seriously, if you have a voltmeter of some kind, it will take you literally 5 minutes to find a lead.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:11 am

Here is my version of Aux. Lights.

TnLoneWolf

Postby TnLoneWolf » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Well, I've gotten my mount installed along with my first set of lamps. I've installed mine using a relay and the high beam wiring from my left headlamp, no switch required, just switch on the high beams and I have extra lights! Works beautifully. The second set will be controlled by me, using a switch of course. I'll try and get pictures soon.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”