New wheels/ Tires ....

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

SHAWNATGERBROCK

New wheels/ Tires ....

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:14 pm

'06 LE wheels repainted in 350Z Silversone ... 275-60-HR17 Tires ....

http://www.angelfire.com/or3/factoryfreaks/1path.html

Edit ..link is fixed !
Last edited by SHAWNATGERBROCK on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rlh2005

Postby rlh2005 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:14 pm

You need to change your filenames to end in either .htm or .html . Then, the AngelFire webserver will serve the files at HTML documents instead of plain-text and Mozilla will process them correctly.

Of course, you will also have to update your links at http://www.angelfire.com/or3/factoryfreaks/

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:38 pm

rlh2005 wrote:You need to change your filenames to end in either .htm or .html . Then, the AngelFire webserver will serve the files at HTML documents instead of plain-text and Mozilla will process them correctly.

Of course, you will also have to update your links at http://www.angelfire.com/or3/factoryfreaks/
Hmm, the pages start in HTML and end with an HTML ... I guess I dont know what you mean .... ( sorry I am not up to speed on alot of this computer stuff ... Just basic stuff ....

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:20 am

what is the wheel offset for the 05+ paths?

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:46 pm

'05-'07 16" and 17" are all +30

AZRoushStang

Postby AZRoushStang » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 pm

NAKA24DE wrote:
rlh2005 wrote:You need to change your filenames to end in either .htm or .html . Then, the AngelFire webserver will serve the files at HTML documents instead of plain-text and Mozilla will process them correctly.

Hmm, the pages start in HTML and end with an HTML ... I guess I dont know what you mean .... ( sorry I am not up to speed on alot of this computer stuff ... Just basic stuff ....

Reading HTML is FUN!!!!!!

the file name needs to be 1path.htm or 1path.html

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:29 pm

Anyone out there find that a set of 31.6" tires rub a teensy bit when going over a bump with the wheel cut?
Also I know the recommended pressure on the door says 35psi but has anyone in the process of upgrading their tires gone with an LT and run anything higher? I was thinking of running my new LT265/75R16s (C load range) at 40psi (rated for 50).
Objections/Opinions? Other than a stiffer ride (as one would expect with going with an LT over a P) I can't see the harm of the 5 psi bump. Fuel Eco hasn't seemed to mind to much over the 245 75 R 16's so far (at least on highway)

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:49 am

fofiddy, check the tire manufacturers recommendations on the web. I can't see bumping it to 40 will hurt anything but the ride, since it will be a little stiffer. The recommended ranges for pressure to weight are usually listed on the web.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:49 am

Ok ...cool .... here ...http://www.angelfire.com/or3/factoryfreaks/1path.html

Thanks all .... Now I have to go change them all ...

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Thanks for rubbing in that that shade of blue wasn't availabe for the 05, Shawn. :)

So would you say you recevied a noticable differance from the bushings, or was it all done in one shot?

Boogyman, unfortunatly Toyo (got me some Opencountry ATs) doesn't list that but if you could find a link with similar info please let me know.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:06 pm

Fofiddy wrote:Boogyman, unfortunatly Toyo (got me some Opencountry ATs) doesn't list that but if you could find a link with similar info please let me know.
I found this link from the japan site. http://www.toyojapan.com/new_tires/open ... /list.html

They recommend 35psi. This is the line P265/75 R16 114S * ** 7.0-(7.5)-9.0 10.4 779 261 2469 35psi

Not sure what your weight rating is, but this is 114. I would try just bumping the pressure a few pounds at a time to see what feels right. Probably don't need 40, it will give a stiff ride with no load in the truck.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:23 pm

boogyman wrote: They recommend 35psi. This is the line P265/75 R16 114S * ** 7.0-(7.5)-9.0 10.4 779 261 2469 35psi
Thanks Boogy but that looks like the rating for the P, I opted for the LT C (6ply) load range :
LT265/75 R16 112S * 6 7.0-(7.5)-8.0 12.4 802 266 2470/2270 50
(for the deeper tread stiffer sidewall so I can air down confidently if the situation requires, and bad ass look) which can take a max pressure of 50psi so I'm well under the tire's max but my concern is the vehicle's weight and tire wear in relation. Suspension is taking a little more punishment so the OME setup is looking better in the next 10-15k...

But the Path was designed to wear P31" rubber which usually has a max rating around 35psi. I'm trying to find a middle ground between fuel eco (which I've just about given up on) and decent ride for the type of tire that it is. Without over inflating it for a truck that is only 4800lbs. I figure a C rated tire is usually for a 1/2ton which usually weigh round 5,500lbs (light towing)

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:55 am

Fofiddy, like I said before just try and bump up the pressure and see how the ride feels. I wouldn't put it close to 50 unless you had a lot of stuff in the back and towing a trailer. 40 should eliminate any sag in the sidewall, if there was any to begin with. If the ride is to stiff, knock it down to 38, happy medium.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Fofiddy wrote:Thanks for rubbing in that that shade of blue wasn't availabe for the 05, Shawn. :)

So would you say you recevied a noticable differance from the bushings, or was it all done in one shot?

Boogyman, unfortunatly Toyo (got me some Opencountry ATs) doesn't list that but if you could find a link with similar info please let me know.
Dang ..honestly I havent even put the bushings on .... They are still sitting on my tool box at work ...just havent had the time ... Tires alone made so much difference I really havent had a need to put them on ...I guess next oil change Ill have to get them on ...

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:39 pm

Tires have definately made a diff for me, can't say they are 100% positive.
I figured I'd go with the C load rating LT 265/75R16's I got a decent price from Town Fair tire, and I have a 30 day garuntee so if I'm not happy with the tire they will swap them for another tire.

Fist of all I love the look of the tire nice square shoulder and the 16mm deep lugs were incerdible in the ice/sleet/snow we just got. Unfortunately the tires wiegh 9 pounds more (42lbs) than the stock 245/75R16s (33lbs) I replaced and I feel it. Steering is alot heavier and I'm more reluctant to put it into corners due it and of course braking feels a little diff. They do stick quite well when the situation calls but I'm by no means barreling down highways at the speeds I used to. I'm not quite sure if thats a pro or a con...

I've been running them at 40psi to take out a little of the sidewall sag it appeared to have at 35psi (still appears to have a tiny bit.) Ride is no diff between the two pressures. The LT feels jarringly stiff at any setting coming from the grabbers, this assesment was bolstered when my german shepard yakked in the backseat although the girl didn't particularly feel much of a difference with exception to extreemly rough sections which induced giggles.
I do wonder about the reprecussions of going with such a heavy+taller tire what effect will it have on the suspension, driveline, brakes.

I took a backroads jaunt (bout 180miles) through the Bekshires yesterday I hovered between 50-60 on the backroads. I scored 17.8mpg total which isn't too bad considering the tire is an inch taller and alot heavier. I was driving it like a grandma (never pulled it past 3000rpm) with the exception of a single drag race with a minivan for a merge. 2500 RPM seemed like the happy point smooth pull.

I do wonder what type of fuel eco improvemnt I'd get by downgrading (if that) to the P265/75R16 (38lbs). The major turn off for me is the tread depth goes from 16mm on the LT to 13mm on the P and the loss ofthe square/beefy shoulder. I wonder how much of a diff there is between two in low traction situations, Wet grass on soft feilds, water evacuation...
Update:
Been looking at weights for 3 oem tire sizes for the 16" rims from a bunch various companies and I was shocked to see that the Fortera's or Revos are about 40lbs per wheel for the p245/75R16s which makes me a little less apprehensive about the wieght of the new tires. I've adjusted to the bigger heavier tire and have alot more faith in their handleing, my cruising speeds have fallen bout 10mph due to speeds the vehicle feels comfortable at. The Speedo seems to be dialed in within .35 mph of a portable GPS unit so all measures appear accurate.
Just found out at 40psi I'm running the tire too low (should be running 46-50psi) I will bump up the PSI and test if the steering lightens up and see how much worse the ride gets... sadly I'll probably end up swapping to the standard load 31" or save a few bucks ad go back to the OEM 245/75's. The LTs look SOOO much better than the Ps do (groan).
Good news is the 08 path goes on sale this spring and we'll be sure to see those 18"rims and tires up on ebay before summer

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”