No Audio ?? road trip tomorrow PLEASE HELP!!!

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Pathfinder101

No Audio ?? road trip tomorrow PLEASE HELP!!!

Postby Pathfinder101 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:43 pm

I have about 7 hrs of driving tomorrow and today my stereo decided to stop working ?? All the controls work station changes cd plays but i have zero sound coming out. I pulled the head unit and checked the wiring but couldnt see anything also checked fuses. is there a fuse on the stock amp ? Are there any known issues with this ? I have the Bose HU
any help would be appreciated

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:58 pm

According to the FSM, if there is no sound from any of the speakers, it could be any of the following:
-Audio unit
-Bose speaker amp
-Bose speaker amp "on" signal
-Bose speaker amp power supply and ground circuit check (this notes a referral to a diagnostic flowchart of circuit inspections).

The FSM is available for download at this site. Most of the time, it's the audio head unit that fails, but that would need to be confirmed through testing. This stuff always happens right before a long road trip, doesn't it?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 am

Reach under the driver's seat & disconnect, then reconnect, all of the plugs going into the amp. I've never looked to see what kind of connectors are used, but I have had this happen to me twice before, although only the entire left or right channel at a time. If that fails, do the same with all the connections on the head unit. If all of the above doesn't resolve anything, it's time to pull out the voltmeter and start testing, beginning with the headunit.

I have no idea if there is a fuse on the amp itself. It is Bose, so anything is possible.

Return to “R51 Electrical”