Stalling

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

L.A. city

Stalling

Postby L.A. city » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:18 am

2005 2wld path 140,000 miles and I have a strange one, while driving at any speed the car slightly hesitates then second later mil flashes and the car stalls. After turning the key off, it starts back up then it might go a whole day no problem then it will do the same thing. No codes set. Even during restart it has a slight misfire it won't set any codes. If I'm driving with cruise on and set it will "unset" and leave the cruise on then turn cruise off completely. Good one huh?

CPLTECH

IPDM

Postby CPLTECH » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:07 am

Not saying it can’t be something else, but sounds to me like a defective IPDM relay (located under the hood) that has had a recall. Check with a dealer to see if yours has been replaced. Also, do a search here for others with similar problems with the IPDM relay. The dealer replaced mine before it gave trouble.

Copied from previous posts:
The IPDM is located, when you are looking at your truck from the front and when you have your hood open, it's located on the upper left corner in a black box. Open it up and you'll see a relay board. That’s the IPDM.
Your lights do funky crap or your truck doesn't start....people have also blown fuses continually no matter what they do.

Intelligent Power Distribution Model Its called an Intelligent Power Distribution Module, it is sometimes called an Internal Power Distribution Module

well.. if you're driving down the road, then next thing you know is that your engine sputters like it's doing having hiccups and you can't accelerate, you look at your dash and it's lighting up like 4th of July. You pull to the side of the road, turned it off, waited for a bit, then started it again, and voila, it's like nothing happened, then give it or take 5 min later, it does the same thing again.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”