Put a deposit on a 07 pathy, worried about the radiator leak

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

pathdownunder

Put a deposit on a 07 pathy, worried about the radiator leak

Postby pathdownunder » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi Everyone, just joined this site and expecting to pick up my new 07 pathfinder auto in two weeks. Its a turbo diesel with 99,000k's or around 62,000 miles. I'm concerned about this radiator leak that ruins the transmission. I'm buying from a dealer but not Nissan and in Australia. Does anyone have any suggestions to make sure I will not have to carry the costs of replacing these parts if need be. Given its 5 yrs old and under 80,000 miles, will the Nissan warranty still be valid in Australia and on a used vehicle?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:55 am

First of all, have you browsed through the Australian Pathfinder forum? It's been a while since I have, but I don't remember seeing any mention of radiator problems. One thing you have to remember is that the parts on your Pathfinders down under are most likely not going to be sourced from the same as the US Pathfinders. So, while we might be having problems with the radiators in the US, the Australian models most likely have radiators from a different supplier.

I wouldn't even know if the part numbers for the radiators between the petrol and diesel models would be the same.

pathdownunder

Postby pathdownunder » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks for the reply Steve. I've called Nissan Australia and they seem to know nothing about it so hopefully its not an issue here, but I didnt expect them to say too much anyway. So just to double check, this has only been a problem for petrol models so far in the US?

And just out of curiosity, which Australian pathfinder forum are you talking about as i'm keen to find a good aussie forum but none are as comprehensive and large as this unless it covers all Nissan models, which is why I joined here.

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 am

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:58 pm

pathdownunder wrote:Thanks for the reply Steve. I've called Nissan Australia and they seem to know nothing about it so hopefully its not an issue here, but I didnt expect them to say too much anyway. So just to double check, this has only been a problem for petrol models so far in the US?
CPLTECH posted the link to the PCOA forum I was referring to. As to us Pathfinder owners in the US, the only engine available is the petrol, so many of us would kill for a diesel.

pathdownunder

Postby pathdownunder » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks fellas, yeh found the PCOA website but skimmed through the menus and missed the forum link on the front page :/ idiot. Anyway ill hopefully be behind the wheel next weekend and will get some photos up! Got some nice plans involving some new tyres, lift, snorkel, custom rear fit out etc etc.. Looking forward to joining this great community of enthusiasts and its funny that photography is another commonly shared hobby on this site as I love my dslr too!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”