Greetings...

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

parkingpuckguy

Greetings...

Postby parkingpuckguy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Just bought my first Pathfinder. 2006 LE model

It replaces my 2000 Subaru Outback Wagon.

I love it but I do find the ride somewhat 'floaty' on bumpy roads. Is this normal or just a need for tighter suspension mods etc?

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:44 am

Congrats and welocome.

Get the AirLift 1000. It will stiffen up the rear and prevent some of the bounciness. Also make sure to see if the Radiator/Transmission bypass was done. If you are under 80000 miles you might still be ok. Read some of the treads writen here for more info.

dlj0811

Postby dlj0811 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:27 am

Greetings~~

parkingpuckguy

Postby parkingpuckguy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:08 pm

hfrez wrote:Congrats and welocome.

Get the AirLift 1000. It will stiffen up the rear and prevent some of the bounciness. Also make sure to see if the Radiator/Transmission bypass was done. If you are under 80000 miles you might still be ok. Read some of the treads writen here for more info.
Not sure I want an 'airlift' system. I have reservations about air bag type systems. I think I'd rather have a regular type shock instead on all four corners.

Yes, I've read some of the threads about the radiator/transmission bypass. Is there a complete instructional thread or document with pics and step by step instructions that I can download? I've learned over the years that I am somewhat mechanically challenged and I will require all the help I can get.

Thanks much.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:11 am

The Airlift 1000 is a great upgrade. It's a super durable airbag that fits inside the factory coil spring. They aren't a spring replacement. Tons of drivers use them on this forum. In most folks opinion, the Pathfinder has an under-sprung rear-end. The airbags really help balance out the ride and you can tailor the pressure to suit your needs (daily use, towing, road-tripping...). I use them. They're super nice.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 am

welcome.

parkingpuckguy

Postby parkingpuckguy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:52 am

Well, I decided to purchase an AirLift system after all and now am waiting for it to arrive to install it.

Why? Well, I bought this.....

As a result, I also just installed the 7pin trailer wiring connector and relay under the hood. I am waiting for the electronic brake controller to come in and have also bought the wiring harness for that (where is the connection located anyway?)

Any suggestions for a weight distribution hitch set up? The toy hauler weighs 4200lbs empty.

Thanks much.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:27 am

Nice purchase. The 7 pin connector should connect under the rear end on the driver side. You will see the plug where the 4 pin should already be installed.

the Weight distribution hitch would be recommended. the airlift is not an alernative to thw WDH. You will have more control over the trailer with a WDH.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”