2009 Pathfinder SE Climate Control issue

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ianmacdon

2009 Pathfinder SE Climate Control issue

Postby ianmacdon » Sun May 13, 2012 4:33 am

I recently purchased a 2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE , and love it. There is a small glitch in the Climate Control, hope someone can send me in the right direction.
It has dual climate controls, and when I set my temperature to 18 C , on the drivers side, and my wife sets here to 18 C on her side, it is really wierd , but her side has colder air than my side does. Mine feels actually like a bit warm. I am not getting icy cold air from either side, and am wondering since this vehicle is so new, has anyone ever experienced something like this >
Thanks so much for a reply.
Ian
Nova Scotia Canada

ianmacdon

climate control

Postby ianmacdon » Sun May 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Actually I think it is the same temp, just not cold , cool, but not cold, so I ma bringing it in to get it recharged.

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:48 pm

... you do realize it will go down to 16 degrees don't you?

ianmacdon

climate control

Postby ianmacdon » Mon May 14, 2012 3:05 am

Actually, ours only goes down to 18 degrees ....do you mean you can dial yours down to 16 C ?
Ian

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: climate control

Postby NVSteve » Mon May 14, 2012 9:07 am

ianmacdon wrote:Actually I think it is the same temp, just not cold , cool, but not cold, so I ma bringing it in to get it recharged.
A recharge might be your best bet. It won't be icy cold or scorching hot unless you have the dial at the max in either direction. I know that when driving on longer jaunts that sometimes the air coming out will be absolutely frigid on my hands. Likewise, scalding hot with the heat. Both instances are only when I have the temp pegged at one extreme or the other.

ianmacdon

climate control issue

Postby ianmacdon » Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 am

Took it in this morning, they found a leak in the high pressure hose somewhere, so they took apart the connection, and cleaned it, and recharged it . The ac works fine now, but they want to wait a few days running it to see if it is fixed for certain. than say for sure it is fixed. I asked them if we could have it back and test it ourselves, rather than tie it up for a few days. . There is dye in the refrigerant so if it leaks again, they can see it easily.

Last night I ran the diagnostics , and could not finD any sensor issue, so hopefully a leak is all it is, and I will have a trouble free summer....will post back,
Ian

ianmacdon

climate control

Postby ianmacdon » Tue May 15, 2012 3:25 am

A/C is working good, but I am curious, I took a digital thermometer and inserted it into the center vent on max ac...not auto, but max output. I could only get to 53 degrees , and it was cold outside, like it was around 60 ....according to the manual it should go to 43 degrees in those circumstances...anyone have any ideas ?
Ian

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”