2003 Finder P0507

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Rizzo226

2003 Finder P0507

Postby Rizzo226 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:47 pm

hey all my finders been throwin a P0507 code for a couple months. I know it has to do with the idle air control but the truck has no drivibility issues at all im just tired of looking at the service engine soon light. She idles in park at about 1300 when shes cold but when its warm it idles around the normal 800 RPM. Anyone else have this code come up at all?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue May 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Most of the time I see this code, it's when a battery has been disconnected or someone's cleaned the throttle body. Usually an idle air relearn procedure fixes this.

Rizzo226

Postby Rizzo226 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:05 am

I did the idlce air re learn procedure yesturday and cleared the code and it came back the 3rd time i started my car after it was cleared. My throttle body was replaced roughly a year ago and this code has been coming and going since august 2011 but has been present all the time the past few months. I cant seem to get it to stay off

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed May 23, 2012 9:57 am

The learning procedure can be kind of tricky if you don't have a scantool. First, the stored trouble codes should be erased before attempting it. Second, the following conditions need to be met before the procedure can be started:

Learning will be cancelled if any of the following conditions are missed for even a moment.

Battery voltage: More than 12.9 V (At idle)
Engine coolant temperature: 70 - 100 °C (158 - 212 °F)
PNP switch: ON
Electric load switch: OFF (Air conditioner, headlamp, rear window defogger)

On vehicles equipped with daytime light systems, set lighting switch to the 1st position to light only small lamps.

Steering wheel: Neutral (Straight-ahead position)
Vehicle speed: Stopped
Transmission: Warmed-up

For A/T models with CONSULT-II, drive vehicle until "FLUID TEMP SE" in "DATA MONITOR" mode of "A/T" system indicates less than 0.9 V .
For A/T models without CONSULT-II and M/T models, drive vehicle for 10 minutes.

If idle air volume learning cannot be performed successfully, proceed :

Check that throttle valve is fully closed.
Check PCV valve operation.
Check that downstream of throttle valve is free from air leakage.
When the above three items check out OK, engine component parts and their installation condition are questionable. Check and eliminate the cause of the incident. It is useful to perform "TROUBLE DIAGNOSIS - SPECIFICATION VALUE". See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Monitors, Trips, Drive Cycles and Readiness Codes\Specification (SP) Value
If any of the following conditions occur after the engine has started, eliminate the cause of the incident and perform "Idle air volume learning" all over again:

Engine stalls.
Erroneous idle.

Rizzo226

Postby Rizzo226 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:23 am

i already did the procedure i know how to do it and i did it correctly but the code still keeps coming back. there is either a vacumm leak that I am not finding or something to do with the idle sensor.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”