99 fog light bulb replacement / aim ... (%$@!)

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

bc dave

99 fog light bulb replacement / aim ... (%$@!)

Postby bc dave » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:48 am

Anyone replaced bulbs in 99 fog lights and re-aim ... (%$@!)

ah ... it was a nice sunny afternoon yesterday; I thought "what a great day to install those Xenon 55W foglight bulbs for the long 5 hr journey through remote Mt roads ..."

Q - how does one remove small rusted and siezed screws in aluminum? (tried penitrating oil & hitting the tops of screws)

2nd Q - how to properly aim fog lights; drivers side looks skewed inward (previous owner had a minor front end collusion); up/down adjustment is by the 2 side hex screws is easy; how to adjust the side to side on fogs?

... on the outside a 1/2 hr job; right? .. wrong!... to install fog bulbs; you have to remove foglights; not so mutch of a problem; Nissian even had the foresight to install 2-10mm hex screws in plastic housings; that weren't even rusted (much to my surprise); but getting access to remove is where the fun began; once removed, the ut-oh's started when I saw 4 screws through a plastic cover on the back of the aluminum fog housing holding the wiring harness; in short 5 of the 8 were imposibly seized / rusted in the aluminum housing after penitrating oil baths ... I ended up drilling out the heads of 2 screws; Finally installed new 55W Xeanon bulbs and plastic sealing cover with silicone around the inside of the plastic for lack of screws ... sorry; long story; I finished in the dark 4 hrs later ... 2 short questions above ... Cheers BC dave

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”