dyno'd the pathy today

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

dyno'd the pathy today

Postby doctahjones » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:43 pm

using 93 gas with a 108 booster (hah, yeah right) additive. also running the bully dog at the premium fuel tune. i also have the airraid quick fit intake.

i have no other engine/exhaust/etc type mods (yet).

he actually did 3 pulls, but the first two downshifted. i knew i should have talked to the guy before to let him know about my 'highway testing' to see where the shift points were. in my testing it never downshifts at 3500+ and will downshift 1 out of 10 times at 3250. anything below 3250 will downshift 9 out of 10 times though.

second run, downshifted (it's kinda loud).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd0wbtLtQM8&hd=1

3rd run, finally stuck in 3rd. really short pull though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv9Uc5fPuvY&hd=1

ended up with 276hp and 297tq to the wheels. i'm happy with that for being relatively stock (meaning other than intake no physical parts have been swapped).

also loved finally being able to hear my truck while not driving it. love the howl of the intake :)

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Cool deal. What kind of dyno was it? Yeah, autos are difficult to Dyno. My Maxima does the same, need to get it to 3500 so it won't DS.

All the way to fuel cut/rev limit? When did peak torque occur and HP for that matter?

It be interesting to compare the BD tunes.

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Yeah I would also like to see the print out summary from that. Good Job though, 276 at the wheels sounds about right.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”