KYB strut part numbers?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

typhus

KYB strut part numbers?

Postby typhus » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:23 am

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE, 3.5
In regards to getting the proper OEM strut mounts and bearings, I have narrowed my search down to Moog and Spicer.
Moog offers the strut mount and bearing for about $50, while Spicer offers a kit that includes mount, bearing, and BELLOW, for $59.
First of all are Moog and Spicer both considered OEM quality?
Also, are the strut "Bellows", actually necessary? I cant find any where in the KYB strut description that says that the "bellows" are included, and I wanted to make sure I ordered everything right the first time around.

On a side note, I was really surprised at how many KYB dealer sites had various conflicting list numbers and fittings for the correct struts.
I almost ordered the wrong set, that actually fit the 5.6l, 8cyl, when I needed the struts for the 3.5l, 6cyl.

If anyone else needs the correct KYB list number for the 2004 3.5liter, they are....
WO133-11613945 and WO133-1613883

EDIT

Well, now Im not so sure on this. Take a look and you will see why this has been such a headache trying to determine the correct strut.

Heres an example of the confusion.....

http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?Ne=2&N= ... 67224+2596

As you can see, there are two different sets of struts that apply to the same year and engine type.

WO133-1613945 / 1613883
and
WO133-1614127 / 1614373

Anyone know what the difference is between these two sets?

Cant believe how much time Ive spent just trying to get the right struts ordered. Ive even called several on-line suppliers, and they couldent even give me a straight answer

Hopefully one of the experts here will see this post.
Thanks, typhus

blink32
Sponsored Member

Re: KYB strut part numbers?

Postby blink32 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:44 pm

typhus wrote:First of all are Moog and Spicer both considered OEM quality?
Also, are the strut "Bellows", actually necessary?
I consider MOOG and Spicer direct replacement parts above OEM quality. I have never dealt with them in regards to Pathy parts but I have used them on full-size chevy's and on my Sentra and the quality is easily visible when comparing to import crap. And I would get the bellows if your existing ones are cracked and/or falling apart. Its a dust boot so the more you can keep off the better.
typhus wrote:Anyone know what the difference is between these two sets?
Maybe they are right and left? Struts aren't always inter-changeable depending on how they are made. Otherwise the site you show doesn't list much info. I did some digging and those part numbers are internal to that website only. Or so it would seem. Here is a matrix for to go by:

It is listed by Front GR2#, RearGR2# then Rear Gas-A-Just#

2002-04 Nissan Pathfinder
2WD (Exc. Armada)
Right Hand 335035 343379 KG4163
Left Hand 335036 343379 KG4163

4WD (Exc. Armada)
Right Hand 335032 343379 KG4163
Left Hand 335033 343379 KG4163

***by the way, those are KYB Part numbers only straight from the KYB 2008 Parts Catalog, Monroe's are different***

typhus

Postby typhus » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:22 pm

Thanks Blink, and as it turns out, you are exactly right.
Whats confusing from a potential customers standpoint is the list numbers that certain sites use that are exclusive to their site and different from the actual KYB list numbers, so thanks for that.
I finally went with what KYB was actually listing, DUH... lol, should have done that from the start... a month ago, but I got confused with all the other venders list numbers.

Spicer actually offers a strut mount kit, that includes the mount, bearing, and bellow, all for a seemingly reasonable price of $59 a side, at Rock Auto.

Hope this helps anyone else that is looking at going with KYB struts, heck, just ask me if you need the accurate part numbers since Im now more knowlegable than the actual KYB retailers... lol.

Couldnt believe how unknowledgable all the on-line venders were when I contacted them, well over a dozen over the past month.
They couldnt even explain why they had 2 sets of differently listed struts, listed for the same exact vehicle.
I have never been more frustrated and totally pissed off when trying to order a friggin simple part before as I was with this experience.
But atleast everything seems to be ordered right, and now the fun part will actually begin once I recieve everything for the install.
Hell, I think the install will probably be the easier part... lol

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:11 pm

Yea man. I learned a long time ago that the part numbers/sku's were almost always internal after going through what you just did once. Once is enough. lol. I guarantee you'll never forget this hassle.

If you go with RockAuto do a few searches. They usually send out coupons for 10-15% off every quarter. There might be a code floating around.

typhus

Postby typhus » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:44 pm

blink32 wrote:Yea man. I learned a long time ago that the part numbers/sku's were almost always internal after going through what you just did once. Once is enough. lol. I guarantee you'll never forget this hassle.

If you go with RockAuto do a few searches. They usually send out coupons for 10-15% off every quarter. There might be a code floating around.
Wow, thats new to me, kinda funny since Ive always wondered where people get the promotion codes to enter in the little box at check out. lol
Just havent figured that one out yet.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”