Volant cold air intake installed today

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Power core gives error codes?
It would be other way around.
power core is dry filter just like the stock one. but it has alot more surface volume to allow for more air flow.
the oil filters are the ones who damage or clog the MAF sensors which then give out error codes.

NVSteve wrote: I hopped online & started looking at volant prices and came across a Frontier forum post where everyone is talking about the powercore causing error codes. I simply do not want another oiled filter ever again.

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Partialy true, Just like with any aftermarket modifications, you can reset the ecu and you will notice the gains, but after a while the oem ecu will udjust back to default factory settings.
But if you use Uprev tuner and get it E-tuned or dyno tuned to your mod's
then your engine will profit from all the mods, including the CAI.
as long as you have an exhaust mod to go with it.
if you upgrade to better CAI to take more air, you need to make the rest of the engine allow the extra air to flow out, , by puting on exh. manifolds, high flow cats, larger cat back's with less restricted mufflers.
Col R wrote:Please excuse my ignorance here but I thought the mass air flow sensor would compensate for whatever air volume comes through.

If this is the case, no matter what you do, the fuel to air mixture will be the same.

Granted if you have more air and colder air you will have more power but the mpg shouold not change.

Help me understand.

R

09pathinbk

Postby 09pathinbk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:04 am

Hey guys does anyone have the instructions for the install on a v6. I installed it last night and check engine light came on today. I'm thinking maybe the sensor is mounted upside down? Also the factory air box had a hose coming out of it in the lower rear corner, cant for the life of me figure out where this should go.

09pathinbk

Postby 09pathinbk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:48 am

Also noticed the truck is idling high, around 1100 in park maybe 900 in gear

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:07 am

09pathinbk wrote:Also noticed the truck is idling high, around 1100 in park maybe 900 in gear
While you had everything open did you clean the throttle butterfly valve? Just curious. They designed it to learn only one way and open more and more as the valve gets deposits on it. When you clean it and it needs to close more to adjust for idle it freaks out and goes into a high idle.

There's a "pedal dance" in the service manual to make the truck re-learn air idle. Some people can get it to work, some can't. I couldn't on mine after a week and paid Nissan about $75 to use their computer to correct it.

09pathinbk

Postby 09pathinbk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 am

Nope didn't clean anything. It looked pretty good. Is the oiled filter not compatible with my 08' path? If not does anyone know a good paper type filter I can replace this filter with? I guess if that's the case I'm due for a new map sensor. Anybody ever try the jet sensors that come mapped for more airflow. It's a pretty fair price on www.autoanything.com

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”