Hella 450 and 550 Rectangular Driving Lights Impressions?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

OurPathfinder

Hella 450 and 550 Rectangular Driving Lights Impressions?

Postby OurPathfinder » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:59 pm

So I was thinking of skipping the whole HID driving light idea (since I can't find them in an affordable price range) and going with some Hella 450's or 550's (under $100 US). Has anyone installed these and have had positive or negative experiences with them? I am looking for a good longer range -- light up the sky experience on a budget--yeah, I know budget will get you limited lighting. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

00void

Postby 00void » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:20 pm

i had Hella 550s on my first truck, a '94 GMC Jimmy, and they were worth well beyond the $80 i paid for them. they were easily 4x's brighter than my brights were. i never had a reason to get them with either of my past 4Runner's but i'd consider getting them for my Pathy.

i can't give the lights enough praise. where i lived, there were lots of underdeveloped roads with zero street lights and a ton of deer. they were incredible and definitely lit the road up like xmas. i say go for them.

OurPathfinder

Postby OurPathfinder » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Thank you for the information! Now a feel a little more confident about trying them out. I figure they are a cost effective way to get some more light on the road. We're not really happy with the high beam output on our PF, and would like a cost effective alternative. Harbor Freight tools--harborfrieght.com sells HID off road lights for $119 each. Not too bad if I want ONE light in the middle of my driving lights. Would look funny I suppose. <grins> But would help for that long distance straight down the center of the road view.

00void

Postby 00void » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:47 am

i had the lights a long time ago, but i'll swear by them. maybe other brands do the same or better, but for what they are, they're awesome.

the hi-beam output is one of my biggest complaints with this truck.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”