Just bought my 1st Pathy...Have a couple of questions...

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

01PathyLE

Just bought my 1st Pathy...Have a couple of questions...

Postby 01PathyLE » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Hello everyone...Just bought my 1st Pathfinder and I like it very much so far. Today was the first major snow of the year and the little Pathfinder worked like a champ.

It is an "01" with 115,000 miles on it. The owner’s manual suggests changing the timing belt at 105,000 I cannot tell if that has been done and the original owner is unsure. She had $1600 worth of service at 105,500 miles but a timing belt is not on the list?. There is no sticker leading me to believe the belt was changed. How high should I place this on my priorities list?

Also, the passesnger seat shows no signs of wanting to move back and forth (its electric) but the seatback works flawlessly. Driver's side window moves slower as it nears the bottom and when its cold, it won't go all the way down. Any suggestions on how to fix these?

The original owner said her children tried to stick too many CD's in the changer and it no longer works. What’s the best way to fix that if anyone out there knows?

Any tire recommendations? Stock is 255/65/16

Hope I didn't hit you with too many questions at once...

lzrj

Postby lzrj » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:33 pm

I also just bought my first pathfinder and love it. As to your questions.

The 01 Pathfinders should not have a timing belt to worry about. They have a chain on the 3.5L

The electric seat I have no idea. Could be a switch or the motor that is bad.

The windows are another common problem. Just spray a lot of silicone spray down the tracks of the windows to solve. This and other forums have all the information you need for this stuff. Just use the search features.

The CD players in these things are crap and from what I have read most will go out at some point. Just by an aftermarket one to replace or just listen to the radio. CD players are pretty cheap these days. Go to crutchfield and look. They have free wire harnesses, mounting kits, instructions and other free stuff sometimes.

jonny817

Postby jonny817 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Yes. Get a new CD player. Get one you can plug an iPod into. I got one from Crutchfield. It's awesome. One caution, make sure you know if your pathy has a premium sound system. If so, you will need an adapter that puts some resistance in the line. This will cost a few bucks extra, but it's important!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Could be a bad seat motor causing your problem; I've also seen coins get jammed in the tracks. Aftermarket radios are one option. There are also a number of places that repair radios. Google-search for Nissan radio repair and you'll see a number of hits!

SCPathy

Postby SCPathy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:13 am

Try and press the seat forward while pressing the lever to move it. Sometimes the seat gets over extended past the track. Mine does it all the time.

IanH

Postby IanH » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:51 pm

I changed my 255- 65 - 16 to 255 -70-16

There was more tire choice, and the slightly larger size helped correct my fast speedo....

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”