Fog Lights - Broken Lenses - Help!!

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

donmigga83

Fog Lights - Broken Lenses - Help!!

Postby donmigga83 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi all - I have a fog light question. My path has fog lights already installed. Due to the intelligence of the transportation department in my state the "chip seal job" they did was actually a tiny rock shooting gallery. In turn my pathfinder has been worked over. One of the issues I'm trying to resolve is broken fog lights.

The lights themselves still work perfectly, it seems like the lenses are whats broken. What I'm unclear on is do I have to replace an entire assembly of some variety or can I replace just the lenses? Follow up to that question is what skill level would be required to make that change, I'm not the most mechanically inclined person in the world so just a broad idea of what I might be getting myself into would be great.

Thanks!!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:36 pm

I think I'm on my 3rd fog light....always the drivers side for some reason. I just had some mild body work done to front (thanks to a head-on with a little car that lost badly) and decided to replace both of them.

I've bought all the replacements off Ebay (just a single unit) and the most recent set from seller imotorsport item# 121056654178. It doesn't look like he has an active listing right now for them though. I paid $41 shipped and they install/work fine. You don't really need the entire mount, you can just unscrew from the mount and screw housing onto your existing mount. It's very easy and straight forward. You can reach by loosening the inner fender liner and reaching up through.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”