Rear Hatch Window Hinges

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Atlanta_Jim

Rear Hatch Window Hinges

Postby Atlanta_Jim » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:29 am

The pins are coming out of the hinges on my rear hatch window on my 2006 SE. I have tried tapping them back in, but they don't line up with the hole on the other side. Any solutions to this?

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Are you talking about the metal retainer clips?

Atlanta_Jim

Postby Atlanta_Jim » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:56 am

I don't see any clips. There is a pin that goes through each hinge that has a knurled end on it. The pins in both hinges have come out far enough that they are loose and I am afraid that they may come completely out.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:43 am

sounds like they are going on you, I found them on Courtesy Nissan Parts for $40 each. Look like they'd be easy to change.

Now I'll have to go check mine! How'd you end up noticing this?

t

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Rear Hatch Window Hinges

Postby NVSteve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:01 am

Atlanta_Jim wrote:The pins are coming out of the hinges on my rear hatch window on my 2006 SE. I have tried tapping them back in, but they don't line up with the hole on the other side. Any solutions to this?
Pictures? Are you talking about where the hinge attaches to the glass, or where the hinge attaches to the roof? One of mine attached to the roof was coming loose & it was kind of a bitch to tighten because of the design.

Atlanta_Jim

Postby Atlanta_Jim » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks y'all for getting back to me. I noticed the problem when my glass hatch seemed sort of loose. The hinges are still tightly attached to both the glass and the roof. The pins are coming out and causes some play in the hinges. I don't think this forum accepts images, but I have made a public post with Picasa with two pictures at the following link. Hopefully you can find them. You can see the pins sticking out.

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

They are in an album called 2006 Pathfinder Hinges.

Thanks.

Atlanta_Jim

Postby Atlanta_Jim » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Well, I managed to get the hinge pins back in. It was not very difficult. I did them one at a time. I opened the glass hatch unscrewed the button from the inside with a star bit and pulled the hinge out of the glass. The glass supported itself with a little help. I put some masking tape on the paint at the pin to protect the finish and tapped the pin as I wiggled the hinge to line the pin up with the hole. Once it was started into the hole, I used a nail set to put it in as far as it would go. I did not hit it very hard. I pushed the hinge back into the hole in the glass and replaced the inside button. Same on other side. About 20 minutes in all. I will watch them to see if/when they start to come back out and tap them back in before they come out too far.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”