New Grille!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

goblue90

New Grille!

Postby goblue90 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:34 am

I just had a spare chrome grill shell painted to match my pathfinder and added Grillcraft inserts. Quality-wise, the Grillcraft inserts are top notch and are installed with screws. I also used a reciprocating saw to cut out the honeycomb plastic that's attached to the chrome shell and cleaned it up with a dremel.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:57 am

That looks pretty cool! Cost? Now you just need some red lights ala Knight Rider.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:05 am

NVSteve wrote:That looks pretty cool! Cost? Now you just need some red lights ala Knight Rider.
From Autocarparts.com:

NIS-1526 GrillCraft Grilles MX-Series Powder Coated Finish
Grille Upper 3pc; B - Black 2005-2005 Nissan, Pathfinder, ALL $ 167.87

NIS-1528 GrillCraft Grilles MX-Series Powder Coated Finish
Grille Lower; B - Black 2005-2005 Nissan, Pathfinder, ALL $ 132.16

Sub-Total: $300.03
Shipping Cost: $25.08
Total: $325.11

I haven't mounted the lower grill yet, but will do it sometime this weekend. The paint job for the chrome shell cost $150. Ouch. Where can I buy that red light from? :wink:

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:38 am

Looks really nice ... really clean !! I have been wanting to do something about the big ugly Nissan emblem ... looks like ill have to look into that grille !!

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Nice effect GoBlue and great photos, here's similar from dundergrillz;

http://www.dundergrillz.com/gallery/cat ... p?cat_id=5

An option that I've been looking at though is to order the flatened expanded or perforated sheet metal pieces from a metal supply shop such as;

http://www.mechanicalmetals.com/perforatedmetals.html

and cut to size.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Copycat!
Just kidding. Yours looks great. I did the same paintjob with my grill a couple of months ago. I kept the stock mesh and center logo on mine though. I sanded the chrome and had a buddy paint mine for me.

It was about $70 in materials... well, besides buying a used grill on EBAY. I wanted to have a spare grill so I didnt screw up the only one I had while experimenting.

Here are pics of mine.

Here is the topic I started...
http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=581

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:21 pm

BMXPath wrote:Copycat!
Just kidding. Yours looks great. I did the same paintjob with my grill a couple of months ago. I kept the stock mesh and center logo on mine though. I sanded the chrome and had a buddy paint mine for me.

It was about $70 in materials... well, besides buying a used grill on EBAY. I wanted to have a spare grill so I didnt screw up the only one I had while experimenting.

Here are pics of mine.

Here is the topic I started...
http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=581
It looks sharp even without the grill inserts! I should've searched to see if anyone else had done this already. :idea:

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Greybrick wrote:Nice effect GoBlue and great photos, here's similar from dundergrillz;

http://www.dundergrillz.com/gallery/cat ... p?cat_id=5

An option that I've been looking at though is to order the flatened expanded or perforated sheet metal pieces from a metal supply shop such as;

and cut to size.

I like the Denali-style grill, but I think that's a bit too much bling for the front... it would look better if the inserts were black... just my opinion!

Mr Mayor

Re: New Grille!

Postby Mr Mayor » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:48 pm

goblue90 wrote:
THAT sir, is sofaking awesome, it's now my wallpaper! Dual screens!
I think I found my idol! Image

MGJ

Hayseed_40

Postby Hayseed_40 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:56 pm

what did you do to your headlights to get the yellow reflectors out?

goblue90

Re: New Grille!

Postby goblue90 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Marginjoey wrote:
THAT sir, is sofaking awesome, it's now my wallpaper! Dual screens!
I think I found my idol! Image

MGJ
Hahaha, thanks man. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out!

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 pm

Hayseed_40 wrote:what did you do to your headlights to get the yellow reflectors out?
Here's a writeup I posted on a couple frontier forums:

After removing the headlight assembly from the vehicle, remove all bulbs, wiring, and adapters. Remove the 4 torx bolts holding the clear lens to the rest of the headlight assembly.

1) Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Place the headlight assembly on a baking sheet and bake the headlight at 200 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes to soften the sealant.

2) Take the light assembly out of the oven. Be sure to use oven mits!

3) Use a flat-head screwdriver to pry apart the clear lens from the rest of the headlight assembly. Be careful to not touch any surface inside the headlight!

4) Pop off the orange reflectors.

5) Press the clear lens back onto the headlight assembly. You may not be able to get the lens to complete seat itself back into the casing b/c the sealant cooled and re-solidified, so pop the lens and assembly back into the oven for 10 minutes.

6) Remove the light assembly from the oven and press the two pieces back together so that the clear lens is firmly seated into the rest of the headlight assembly. Make sure all the locking tabs (i think there are 4 of them) are aligned correctly and are all snapped back into place.

7) Screw the 4 torx bolts back into place and reinstall in your vehicle!

Repeat procedure for the other headlight.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”