Roof rack (tray/bucket): Thule or Yakima or something else?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Cracker

Roof rack (tray/bucket): Thule or Yakima or something else?

Postby Cracker » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:31 pm

Does anyone have an opinion of what the best roof rack is for the 05 Path? Not a bike rack but the tray style.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Re: Roof rack (tray/bucket): Thule or Yakima or something el

Postby Triffid » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:44 pm

Cracker wrote:Does anyone have an opinion of what the best roof rack is for the 05 Path? Not a bike rack but the tray style.
If you are talking about the cargo basket I have the Yakima Load Warrior with the extension... Also the locking brackets... I like the looks better than the Thule (and I sell Thule) :oops: ... It was an easy install and has held up well... See my pictures below in my signature... Hope this helps............ Triffid

Cracker

Postby Cracker » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:30 pm

Actually, I have your Path pics link saved as a link since you have some nice things that I'd like on my PF...like the roof rack for instance. I can't figure out where your sat. radio antenna is located...what window? I can't see it on the front windshield in the other pics.

On to the roof rack...I'll likely get the same setup you have unless someone pipes in on here in the next few days and says something profound against the Yak.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:20 pm

Cracker wrote:Actually, I have your Path pics link saved as a link since you have some nice things that I'd like on my PF...like the roof rack for instance. I can't figure out where your sat. radio antenna is located...what window? I can't see it on the front windshield in the other pics..
The XM Antenna Pod is located on the windshield, passenger side... It shows up in one of the pictures... This is the place that Nissan puts it... I don't think it picks up very well in that location... Some of the pictures don't show it because Nissan didn't have some of the install parts available when I bought my truck (tuner mounting bracket)... It was like 3 months before all the XM kit parts came in... Good luck on your roof rack!............ Triffid

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:44 pm

I second the Yakima Load Warrior with Extension. I got the locks, light brackets and shovel/axe bracket. Not sure if I'll ever get around to using the light brackets, but the others I will. I'll have to get some pictures up. I also have a coupon you can use for 10% off. I got all my stuff from Rack Attack. At the time they were the cheapest on the main rack and all accessories plus free shipping plus a free dry bag for storage. I think I ended up finding it somewhere else for another $15-20 less, but after shipping it ended up being only around $5 less and no discount on the accessories or free dry bag.

I've used the heck out of the roof rack already. Tied up plenty of lumber and just last weekend used it to transport a 14ft ladder and a dresser.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:49 pm

Here are some pics of my rack. Had I spent a few more seconds I think I could have had both stacks of tires set evenly on the bottom of the rack, but i was ready to get home.

***check pics in sig link***

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”