Can I install 08 power leather seats in stock 09?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Siege

Can I install 08 power leather seats in stock 09?

Postby Siege » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:51 am

Hi all,
I have a 2009 pathfinder bone stock with cloth seats I have over the past six months pretty much wrecked the seats and have a line on a 2008 leather interior that my body shop said they will put in for free when they are doing some exterior body work from a fender bender. Essentially, toss the cloth, insert leather, hook-up power and go (hopefully)

Is the power there already? Is there anything funky about the power harness, the chair rails or other gotchas, or is this a pretty basic job they should be able to do? Do I need any other parts?

I've been an Infiniti and Nissan guy for a long time. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Siege

Siege

Postby Siege » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:42 pm

Just a clarification, by interior, I mean three rows of seats and center console. Thank you!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:37 pm

I would assume they would bolt in just fine. The middle and 3rd row will probably be the easiest swap. However as for the front seats I would guess that the power is not there. I would look in your owners manual for which fuse in your fuse box is related to the power seats. Check the fuse box and see if there is actually something to plug into. You might also look under your seats and check the wiring harness that's already there and see if there are more wires from the vehicle side harness. If there is, there might be power already there. You might just plug in a seat and see what happens. Worth a shot. I think the front seats are held in by 4 bolts. I've taken mine out before to clean and it was a very simple process.

Siege

Postby Siege » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Great response. Thank you. Anyone else with ideas or tips? I'll take all I can get. I really appreciate it. This is a cool forum!

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:02 am

Yes, they will bolt right in but NO, the power for them will not be there. However, Figuring that out could be done but having the leather alone wouls satisfy me... Just my .02$

*EDIT, it takes about 5 minutes to remove the seats, very easy procedure...

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 am

Yes, they will bolt right in but NO, the power for them will not be there. However, Figuring that out could be done but having the leather alone wouls satisfy me... Just my .02$

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”