Bully Dog GT

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Black Beauty

Bully Dog GT

Postby Black Beauty » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:36 pm

I recently bought a Bully Dog Gt and all the forums i have read says stuff about extreme mode and sports mode.. i was wondering if anyone knew how to change it from premium to extreme mode? i have a 2005 Pathfinder SE Off-Road 4x4 thanks

doctahjones

Re: Bully Dog GT

Postby doctahjones » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:29 pm

Black Beauty wrote:I recently bought a Bully Dog Gt and all the forums i have read says stuff about extreme mode and sports mode.. i was wondering if anyone knew how to change it from premium to extreme mode? i have a 2005 Pathfinder SE Off-Road 4x4 thanks
i haven't gone through the programming on mine in awhile, but.....

i remember there only being really two setting that would affect acceleration.

first was the type of gas you run, either regular or premium.

second was the throttle response (however i think that's only for 07+ ?) since it's throttle by wire. i'll see if i can find my post on what i found from the settings...

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:45 pm

well i can't find where i explained the throttle thing...

but with the throttle by wire you had stock, sport, performance and extreme or something like that.

and all that does is change the "curve" of how much throttle is applied for how much you depress the pedal.

so stock seems to be an even throttle curve of when you have it pressed in 25%, it applies 25% throttle.

sport and performance bias more and more of the throttle to the first 50% of pedal depression.

extreme should only be used for drag racing. it seems to put 100% throttle at the 25% pedal mark. it's VERY jerky if you try to use it around town. i actually found that any of the others except stock were too 'jerky' since it started to load more throttle towards the first 1/4 of the pedal.

to sum up, the only real actual performance setting was selecting what type of gas you're running. the other pedal/throttle setting was simply pressing the gas quicker for you.

Return to “R51 Electrical”