ARB OME Suspension availability

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

rragpaoa

ARB OME Suspension availability

Postby rragpaoa » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:30 am

I just got an email indicating the availabilty of the Old Man Emu suspension from ARB. I do know that the OME suspension is good (I have one for my Montero).

The latest edition of ARB 4x4 Action is now available! Our quarterly
newsletter details all the latest news from ARB, including product releases,
competition updates, and general industry information. In this issue we look at:
Mitsubishi Triton (L200) accessories
Jeep Wrangler rear bar
Nissan Navara (D40) side rails and steps
Land Rover Discovery snorkel
ARB Speedy Seal puncture repair kit
ARB E-Z tyre deflator
OME suspension for Nissan Navara (D40) and Pathfinder (R51)
Toyota FJ Cruiser accessories
Chevy Silverado bull bar
OME suspension for Jeep Grand Cherokee WH/WK
OME suspension for Toyota Fortuner
To view the latest edition of ARB 4x4 Action, please click here.

To view the ARB website, please click here.

For details on how to contact ARB 4x4 Accessories, please click here.

Happy 4 wheeling,

The ARB 4x4 Accessories team.

Anyone else interested?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:46 pm

I'm interested. But you didn't post the actual link from the "click here" portion ;) Come on, don't leave me hanging.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:03 pm

blink32 wrote:I'm interested. But you didn't post the actual link from the "click here" portion ;) Come on, don't leave me hanging.
Oops, sorry. Here you go:

http://www.arb.com.au/News/Internationa ... r_2006.pdf

Look on page 9

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:28 pm

got it, thanks. gonna contact them for a part number and find a dealer

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:36 pm

blink32 wrote:got it, thanks. gonna contact them for a part number and find a dealer
Great, let me know who you get a hold of since I would like to order it as well.

Based on the info, it claims a 30-40mm increase in height. However, from my experience (I have a set on my Montero), I got about 2" lift although they claim a 1.5" lift, with a bit more of a lift up front to even things out. It definitely helps with the ride quality without any stiffness on the highway.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:09 pm

So far no direct response from ARB USA. I contacted Man-A-Fre who got back to me telling me they contacted ARB USA and they said no kit available, no idea on when one would be. For now I have an e-mail out to ARB Australia, if they ever respond I will post the details. I would call but I'm not that rowdy about calling overseas on the cell phone.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:33 pm

ARB USA states that the kit is not available because they were not able to test it on a US model Pathfinder.
This was the case with my 2001 Montero, so I had to order it from Australia. Fit perfectly since the AU Montero (Pajero) had exactly the same suspension as the US version.

Now, if we can verify that the Australia version of the Pathfinder suspension is the same as the US version, then it's just a matter of your local ARB dealer ordering it from Australia. From what I can gather from the Nissan AU site, I believe they are the same. I don't see why Nissan would make it different (economically at least).

Let me know what you find out, and I'll do the same.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:17 am

Well, I have joined an AU pathy site but its taking them forever to approve my account so I can't post a question or a Req for a picture of the rear suspension. But I'm in the same boat as you, I don't think they would make a different suspension package for over there, atleast dimensionally, then they would anywhere else.

On a good note I have part numbers. The OME setup comes in two forms, Medium and "Heavy" duty. Medium is supposed to handle up to 40KGs extra weight and the Heavy is for 41 to 100kgs extra. They are advertising a 15mm(.6") & 30mm(1.2") front/rear lift. I'm kind of surprised that its not more like the flyer with a 30/40mm lift. So before I buy I will attempt to verify with the AU guys if my account is ever activated.

On to the part numbers. There is only one version of the strut and shock available for each setup. No heavy/medium versions.

Front
Springs
Medium OME607
Heavy OME608
Strut N183S

Rear
Springs
Medium OME609
Heavy OME610
Shock N184

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:07 pm

Thanks blink32 for the Info! At least we are a step closer.

Maybe you can post our specs from the Service Manual posted here to the site in AU and see if we can verify the fit.

Is there a possibility you can tell us the AU site?

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:13 pm

blink32 wrote:I'm kind of surprised that its not more like the flyer with a 30/40mm lift. So before I buy I will attempt to verify with the AU guys if my account is ever activated.
Don't be too worried about the stated lift. That was the same specs on my 2001 Montero, and suprising enough, I gained at least a 2" lift after install.

I beleive they are conservative on those specs since they may be measuring based on a brand new vehicle. After a while when the springs settle, overall height decreases. So effectively, I saw a 2" overall gain in lift. Now, the great thing about OME stuff is that after 5 years, I STILL maintain the 2" lift as well as the ride quality. Good stuff. That's why I am dead set on OME.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:41 pm

ragpaoa wrote:Is there a possibility you can tell us the AU site?
http://www.pcoa.org.au/forumtemp/index.php

Their site seems to have just a little more than this one. But again, still waiting for my account to be accepted so I can post some Q&A over there. That site let me confirm the actual availability of the kit as those guys have been getting it installed. But ARB.com.au are the ones who actually responded and sent me the docs with the part numbers.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:35 am

Damn ARB and getting OME parts. Now i have to decide if I'm willing to try the heavy springs and go to the mediums later or what.:

From ARB USA:

"We don't have any of these parts in stock yet as they're all newly
designed.
The jobber price is next to each part, and cost is per piece, not 2.

We don't have weights on them yet either to get shipping weights.

We won't be stocking the OME607 at first (it's light load), but we will
have
the OME608 (heavy load).

We'll be getting first delivery within 2 weeks."

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:52 pm

Thanks for the update blink. I'm looking for the heavy duty ones. I am looking at adding a winch bumper up front, and I am usually carrying a load when I travel ... good sized family with all the gear.

I had the heavy duties on my Montero (sold the Montero) and with the OME shocks, it was still way better than stock overall.

Let us know when they become available and the cost of shipping. I wonder if we can get our local ARB shop to order for us so we don't have to pay for shipping.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:45 pm

ragpaoa wrote: Let us know when they become available and the cost of shipping. I wonder if we can get our local ARB shop to order for us so we don't have to pay for shipping.
Will do and you should be able to. I'm in a location that the nearest shop is 40ish miles away. Doesn't sound too bad on paper but when you live in the area its an easy 2 hr one way commute during normal business hours for the shop. I contacted an ARB distro, Rocky-road.com , and they got ahold of arb usa and got back with the info. When I find out whats up I'll let you know.

I think I remember reading that Frontier front bumpers fit where our stocker does, is that how you plan on mounting a winch?

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:44 pm

For the winch bumper, I am looking into these options:

http://www.arbusa.com/new_product_advic ... ullbar.pdf
or
http://www.tjm.com.au/Portals/0/xmod/pa ... finder.pdf

Now that you open the topic of other accessories, I want to go off topic a bit.

I am determined to take my 2005 through the Rubicon. I know that the newer Pathy are considered not as worthy off-road as previous models, but I believe with the right mods, it can be done. Here are my plans:
1. Suspension: OME, AC, or SLR suspension lifts and shocks
2. Articulation: This is the main problem of the new Pathfinder. Although IRS is not a bad thing (original Hummers and Range Rovers use them), the lack of articulation and wheel travel is limiting factor. Hopefully someone can address the rear IRS. The front suspension has some options already since it shares with the Fronty and the Xterra.
3. Rear locker: ARB supposidly has one. The Pathy ABLS is too slow to react. Absolutely need to compliment it with a real locker
4. Armor: Winch bumper and winch stated above, TJM undercarriage armor (one is available for the new model), and Rock Sliders from here:

http://4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/RockSliderZ.shtml

5. Friends and Family: Can't go alone! Anyone else want to do it on a newer model Pathfinder, Fronty, X?

Now, I know this maybe the minimal, or barely minimal requirements, and I know I may come out with some body damage, hopefully minimal, but I am determined to accomplish it. Any thoughts, or should I just forget it?

2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4, K&N Intake, 265/70R 17 Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”