NEED HELP TO TURN OFF AUTOMATIC DRIVE POSITIONER

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

MJBS

NEED HELP TO TURN OFF AUTOMATIC DRIVE POSITIONER

Postby MJBS » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:51 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO TURN OFF THE DRIVER SEAT FROM AUTOMATICALLY MOVING BACKWARDS AFTER YOU TURN OFF THE IGNITION. I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS IF YOU HAVE THE NAVI, UNFORTUNATELY I DIDNT OPT. FOR IT. I SEARCHED THE SERVICE MANUAL STICKY POSTED HERE AND IT SEEMED LIKE I NEED THE CONSULT 2 DEVICE TO DO THIS. DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? THAT FEATURE GETS ANNOYING AND PROBABLY WEARS OUT THE POWER SEAT COMPONENTS FASTER. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:20 am

Try to get friendly with your service manager. Maybe the next time you are in for service, ask them to turn it off. I'm bringing ours in, because there is a grinding noise when it backs up. Plus a few other little things. There is about 26k on it so far.

fernando

Postby fernando » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:59 pm

boogyman now the you have 26k milles on it all ready.what problems if any have you had with the path?

MJBS

Postby MJBS » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:17 pm

THE DEALER JUST LEFT A MESSAGE AND WANTED $85 TO TURN OFF THAT FEATURE. THOUGHT AT LEAST THEY WOULD DO THAT FOR FREE. WE ONLY HAVE @8000 MILES ON IT AND I FEEL THAT IT WOULD WEAR PRETTY SOON.
OH WELL. GUESS ITS TIME TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE SERVICE MANAGER.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:14 am

The Pathy has been very good to us. It's my wifes vehicle, so I just drive it on the weekends mostly and get to do the oil changes. I can't think of any real problems. The seat is making a grinding noise and there is a recall on it and we have the rust around the corners of the chrome shroud over the rear license plate. That will all get taken care of tomorrow. Last winter the driver door got really hard to open and close. It was like the cold warped the door. Who knows what it did to the hinge pins. I'm going to have the dealer check that too.

Overall we haven't brought it to the dealer, since the intake replacement. That was a common thing for the first batch out the factory.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”