Where are we going with this?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

phantom2

Postby phantom2 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:19 pm

I drive somewhere between 550 and 600 miles a week.I live in Florida so A/C is always on.I use approx.45-50 gals of fuel a week.I travel up to North Carolina once a month for personal reasons.I'm not complaining about mileage,my point is just that you're not traveling very far per week if you're only filling you tank up once a week.You're figures mention $20.00 a week which is only one fill up.If you're putting on a lot of miles,how far can you possibly go on one tank of gas per week?

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:20 am

Personally anywhere from 340-270 which averages 15-16k a year. I'll hit 50k by the end of the week. My old commute only afforded me 13mpg in the winter and 15mpg in the summer. My new one so far is pointing to around 18 19mpg which in theory would allow me aboot 380 miles. keep in mind this is with bigger heavier tires and a lift. It may not come out of my commute but after all the towing of bikes to God knows where, hauling of stuff for my folks who live an hour away, and the isolated places I like to camp I easily put that on.

Sounds like you have a wee bit of a lead foot. The worst I ever got was 11.8 mpg towing a loaded 6x12 through the Appalachians with 3 passengers and the AC on. Not that I haven't gotten mid 12s around here being a lead foot but thats just constantly hammering on it to the point of being borderline abusive.

yarilo

Postby yarilo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:24 am

Guys, probably you should start thinking of Diesel Paths :-)
I've seen mail post where one of the our colleagues said he has 7L/100km achieved.

Makc

P.S. After tuning box install my diesel Path became 209hp/480Nm with almost the same consumption.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:57 pm

Oh just rub it in Makc ;)

At this point I think it is pretty safe to say we will not see a diesel Path in North America unit the unit body model rolls out at the soonest. I'm not sure if it's the same way around the world but diesel is a scam in the US. It's normally $1 more per gallon even though it takes less processing to produce and is the basis of transport for most food and goods sold here not to mention heating.

yarilo

Postby yarilo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:38 am

Fofiddy wrote:Oh just rub it in Makc ;)

...but diesel is a scam in the US. It's normally $1 more per gallon even though it takes less processing to produce ...
What is the price? Here, you can buy 1L for 21RUB ~87cents, so 1Gal of diesel ~$3,4 in Moscow, in regions it's cheaper, maybe ~$3. Gasoline more expensive ~$3,6-4 depending on octane.

Makc

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:28 pm

yarilo wrote:What is the price?
In NJ it is roughly $3.80/gallon for 87 octane and $4.70/gallon for Diesel. Obviously these numbers go up/down depending on exact local conditions but in NJ we have very low if not the lowest taxes on fuel so expect prices to be higher by 20-30 cents in a majority of other states.

Diesel wasn't always more expensive than Gasoline. This is a fairly recent happening, maybe within the past 2-3 years? I can't say exactly when Diesel surpassed Gasoline but I do remember it being anywhere from $0.50 cents to $1.00 cheaper at the pump.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:38 pm

blink32 wrote: Diesel wasn't always more expensive than Gasoline. This is a fairly recent happening, maybe within the past 2-3 years? I can't say exactly when Diesel surpassed Gasoline but I do remember it being anywhere from $0.50 cents to $1.00 cheaper at the pump.
I was just about to reply to Fofiddy's comment about diesel's "normal" price. Yeah, it was (relatively) very recent that diesel surpassed gas. Since that time, I've seen numerous TV interviews with truck drivers & it is insane what they are dealing with price-wise and life-wise.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:00 pm

NVSteve wrote:
I was just about to reply to Fofiddy's comment about diesel's "normal" price. Yeah, it was (relatively) very recent that diesel surpassed gas. Since that time, I've seen numerous TV interviews with truck drivers & it is insane what they are dealing with price-wise and life-wise.
I call Shenanigans! $5.40 a gallon is the most I've seen diesel for around here. What I'm floored at is the complete F-ing waste of time and money the US Corn based ethanol market is. Fuel cell technology is so far off it's ridiculous and not to mention expensive (see Honda FCX and why you can't buy one.) Biodeisel, biodiesel, Biodiesel. I mean Come-on we in US are totally aware of the stigma surrounding our weight, we should just bite the bullet and show we have a sense of humor by driving vehicles smell like french fries.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Fofiddy wrote:What I'm floored at is the complete F-ing waste of time and money the US Corn based ethanol market is. Fuel cell technology is so far off it's ridiculous and not to mention expensive (see Honda FCX and why you can't buy one.)
Ditto. Don't even get me started. There's only one given when speaking of our government: too little, too late. Let's pass legislation mandating all auto mfrs. need to produce vehicles that get 35+mpg (average spread over all models) by 2050. Whoop-dee-f'ing-doo. I keep telling myself "the next administration HAS to be better, the next administration HAS to be better..."

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”