Very loud blower motor

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Pathmyway

Very loud blower motor

Postby Pathmyway » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:14 pm

I am thinking of changing the motor but wanted to check here first. I have heard of people with ticking and cricket noises but mine is just an incredibly loud drone. I just purchased the truck and tried to change the cabin air filter first to find they were missing. Others have said it is loud because of how much air it is pushing. Can anyone shed some light on this for me. I understand loud but when it drowns out conversation it seems a bit much. For what its worth it is blowing air well so its working just loud as hell.
Any help is appreciated

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:03 am

Without hearing it, it's hard to say if it is excessively loud, but they are pretty noisy in the higher speeds. Since the filters were missing, it's possible you may have something stuck in the blower fan cage, like a piece of paper or a leaf. You may want to lower it down just to make sure it doesn't.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:24 am

had this issue on my old honda civic, and it didn't have a filter. Leaves would get into the blower fan cage, and create quite a racket.

The blower drops down very easily with just 3 screws. I'd drop it down and clean it out, bet your problem disappears!

And I would definitely replace that filter, your AC coils will get really dirty without it.

Return to “R51 Electrical”