05+ anti-corrosion service points

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Gray

05+ anti-corrosion service points

Postby Gray » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Just wondering if any have mapped out all of the anti-corrosion service points on the 05+ PF's. I think I've found most of the important ones, ie: door drains, rocker panels, etc but it would be nice to know all of them to keep those sprayed with a favorite anti-corrosion fluid.

Npath

Re: 05+ anti-corrosion service points

Postby Npath » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:28 pm

Greybrick wrote:Just wondering if any have mapped out all of the anti-corrosion service points on the 05+ PF's. I think I've found most of the important ones, ie: door drains, rocker panels, etc but it would be nice to know all of them to keep those sprayed with a favorite anti-corrosion fluid.

Since you've mentioned this and has brought back memories...

Fenders... where the plastic wheel well meet. I had rust happening on the inside of a 87 King Cab 4X4 fenders. Hard to see until it's too late.

What I do is pressure wash the inside, under the lip of the fender, blowing out trapped sand and dirt. Winter time, I'd be blowing out sand, dirt and salt.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:51 pm

Npath wrote:Fenders... where the plastic wheel well meet.
Thanks I'll put those on the list to get pulled or cleaned. Good info.

Npath

Postby Npath » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:11 pm

After more thinking and discussion on another forum, AC lines? The lines are mostly aluminum and no protection whatsoever from rocks, sand... Once nicked or scratched, they'll corrode and once corrosion has gone through... off the body it goes for 2-3 days.

I'd have to say, it's not an "05+ anti-corrosion service point"... it's a line.
:(

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”