3rd brake light

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

dkdontforget

3rd brake light

Postby dkdontforget » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:32 pm

does anyone know the part number for the 3rd brake light bulb? the only thing i can find are bulbs mine is the led version

i believe it is causing problems with my clock, dome and dash lights any time a door opens the clock goes blank and resets itself. dome light wont turn on even with a new bulb and any time the switch is changed on the dome light the clock resets.

so im guessing and hoping its the third brake light (tail light) since it is out

this is for a 94

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Sounds like there is a short in the system; a common place is the harness to the rear door hatch. As to finding out if the high mount stop lamp is the cause, unplug it and see if the same problems continue. If they do, it's not the lamp. As you pointed out, it's an LED unit, and the dealer or auto parts stores don't sell bulbs for it. Nissan sells it as a lamp assy., listing for around $390 and available at 1stAAANissanParts.com for $285+shipping. It is also color coded to the interior. Salvage yard would be a more practical option. You might be able to locate bulbs at place that sells electronic parts, ie Radio Shack.

dkdontforget

Postby dkdontforget » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:44 am

alright unpluged the light, still have the same issue, clock goes out and resets every time i open a door, no dome light, any position besides auto turns the clock off.

tried plugging in a known good 12v light and stepped on the brakes and nothing. checked the wires from the hatch and seem good.

possibly related, i was installing off road lights and was having trouble getting a good ground for the passanger side. unpluged the lights. no change, didnt mess with any other wires when installing and worked fine for a few days after installing.

what could it be that the door sensors dome light and 3rd brake like are all connected to that i could check?

all fuses are fine

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”