AC leaking into front passenger floor area

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

markspath

AC leaking into front passenger floor area

Postby markspath » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:31 am

A few weeks ago it started to get hot enough in NJ to run the AC in the truck. A couple of times I noticed that the front passenger floor mat was damp, but I figured that maybe the kids spilled a little water and let it go.

Then on an extended trip in +90º F temperatures, I found the floor soaked, and a small puddle formed in the low spot (about 1/4 inch deep). Since the truck was almost exactly on year old and I wanted to at least have it dealer-serviced once a year, I figured now was the time.

The dealer told me that there's apparently an informational TSB regarding the AC drain hose in certain VIN-range of '07 Pathfinders. The factory-installed hose is too short, and the condensation that forms inside the AC ducts might leak inside the vehicle, causing the problem I experienced. Both the AC drain hose and the passenger-side carpeting and padding gets replaced. There is not a "recall," but the repairs will be performed at no charge under the standard warranty. The parts are not normally dealer-stocked, so it takes a couple days to complete the repairs.

So, if you own an '07 Pathfinder, run the AC for an hour at MAX COOL on a humid day, and then check your floor for dampness. If it's damp, (or worse, soaking wet), make an appointment with your dealer to get the drain hose and carpeting replaced.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:21 pm

the ac system in the pathfinder sucks myn hasn't worked for two months now. am i the only one that had so many electrical issues?i love my truck but it just keeps having small issues here and there

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:15 am

Good information Mark, I've read about a front floor AC water leak problem but hadn't heard the solution. I've never had to run this AC on max for an extended time but think I'll do that just to see if this truck has the same issue.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:06 pm

Also refer to Nissan TSB NTB07-091;

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/latest-u ... 091-a.html

dyna1450

Thanks!

Postby dyna1450 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:55 am

Tks for the info! Most useful. Same problem with 07 PF SE in Canada.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”