Lots of warning lights :(

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Tosh

Lots of warning lights :(

Postby Tosh » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi guys, hoping for some direction on this...

No unusual changes to driving habits as of late but today I turned on the 2006 Pathfinder SE and the 4WD, SLIP, Antilock and VSD all pop up on the dash. In addition to this the usual image of the wheels and tranny are not displaying, just a lit up blank area.

I tried driving, antilock isn't working and the VSD is off, not 100% if its in 4Low auto 4hi or 2wd. I disconnected the battery and connected it, no difference. No check engine light showing.

Any idea how this can all happen at once?? Any input appreciated!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:29 pm

Charging system issues can cause such problems, so it would make sense to start by checking the battery and charging system output. If those are okay, the next step would be to have all of the codes read with a capable scantool to see what codes are stored. If there is a CAN COMM code, it could be due to one or more bad grounds. There was a TSB released for most of the mid-2000's Nissan models concerning this issue.

Tosh

Postby Tosh » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:13 pm

I replaced the battery connector (positive) and still see no display on the drive train, ABS, SLIP, 4WD and VSD are all still on and it threw a code P0603 but I'm hoping when I clear that it was just me replacing the terminal that threw it.

I have the bluetooth OBDII reader and Torque on my android phone for codes and diagnostics. No other codes come up.

Should I redo the negative connector terminal as well?
Winter driving for the wife w no ABS or slip is not cool.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Tosh wrote: Should I redo the negative connector terminal as well?
yes.
they frequently don't clamp down tight on the battery post, even though the pinch bolt is tight (the cable will still pivot on the post, even though pinch bolt has been tightened).

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Does your code reader have the ability to read ABS & 4WD & CAN COMM codes, or just engine/trans/emission codes like most code readers?

Tosh

Postby Tosh » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Understood and thanks. I'll do that in the am.
I had used a terminal brush cleaner in the past as I had the green build up on the terminals to the point it wouldn't start. The old positive connector was crap and the new one is solid.

REALLY hope this is the issue :)

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Tosh wrote:Understood and thanks. I'll do that in the am.
I had used a terminal brush cleaner in the past as I had the green build up on the terminals to the point it wouldn't start. The old positive connector was crap and the new one is solid.

REALLY hope this is the issue :)
a new negative clamp at NAPA was just a few bucks, good cheap investment

Cruzin1a

Postby Cruzin1a » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:09 pm

Our 08 recently threw similar lights on the dash. My mechanic said the codes pointed to the front right wheel bearings. That might explain the terrible wear on that tire on the last set. Needless to say we have new bearings and the codes are gone. Truck has 95k for miles.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”