First time Pathfinder owner

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

ssjrich

First time Pathfinder owner

Postby ssjrich » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:58 am

So this is my first truck. I bought a 97 CH edition. I currently own 3 Nissan Maxima's, and I have own 4 other Nissan's in the past. I am fully mechanically inclined, and I work as a service advisor at an auto shop. I am an avid forum user a Maxima forum, and I hope that this forum is full of the same useful information for my Pathy.

My only question right now is I have a plastic rattle coming from the rear passenger side. I sounds like it is coming from the plastic bin or surrounding cover. It only rattles over harder bumps. I taped off the bin (just to see if it would stop) and it still rattles. Anybody have the same rattle and know what it is???

Here is my ride.

Narko111

Postby Narko111 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:09 am

I have a 97 with the exact same issue and can't seem to find the source either. For a while it sounded like the glass hatch at the back, but I put some more weatherstripping to keep it from moving and I can still hear it.
Any other places anyone knows to check for the noise?

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 am

Welcome..

I had the same issue on mine.. I finally found the culprit... the top bushing of my rear passenger shock had move a bit exposing some metal of the shock on the bolt that attaches it.. Each time a passed a bump, it would bang on the sleeve and resonate inside the cab... Have a look... it could be that..

S.

ssjrich

Postby ssjrich » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:05 pm

So I FINALLY figured it out.

Worn out sway bar bushings and the sway bar was clanking around because of it. Thought I had checked them, but I guess that is why you always double check stuff....

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”