ARB OME Suspension availability

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:26 pm

ragpaoa wrote: Now, I know this maybe the minimal, or barely minimal requirements, and I know I may come out with some body damage, hopefully minimal, but I am determined to accomplish it. Any thoughts, or should I just forget it?
It sounds like your heading out with a plan. I personally would consider Rubicon once the OME setup is in but ONLY with the guided trip for "stock 4x4". I knew in general what the Rubicon was but never researched it until tonight. I guess there's some guy who runs guided trails, and does one geared for stock 4x4's. I'd do that first then hit up tougher ones later. But thats just me. And I'm not all that thrilled about bashin up my new ride. :) I've got a 76 Chevy that I plan on going a bit more extreme with.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:53 am

I say go for it! If you can get the clearance and the independent suspension solid enough to feel comfortable. I would go with the guided tour first and check out some of the other harder trails after that. Experience is the key to keeping your Pathy in one piece. Plus having a good spotter. Don't go in thinking you know everything about offroading or you will bit hard. Slow and steady gets you through. Good luck with all the mods. Of course we will want pics as you get them installed.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:42 am

Hey ragpaoa, please keep me in the loop when you get close to pulling the trigger on this Rubicon trip, Nissan Sport Magazine may be interested my coming along and doing an article on your (hopefully successful) adventure.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:26 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the support! I think I'll do it. I'm not a beginer off-roader, but I have never done the 'Con' so it would be my first time, and I want to prove that the new Pathy can do it.
My plans are for late spring of next year, 2007. Hopefully I would have the basic upgrades then. I don't think I will go with the 5" diff drop, that would save me $2K. Plus, I think suspension, locker, and armor is all I need. My calcuations show we have a 34 crawl ratio, so gearing is fine (30+ is minimum).
I will definitely post pics once I install them.

RacerZX, definitely, I'll let you know once everything is confirmed. The more the merrier! As a matter of fact, why not bring your rig as well and do it with us?

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:51 am

It's possible I guess, but I'm not going to lift my Path at all, so it would depend on if a truly stock 4x4 could take it without damage. Keep us posted.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”