97 R50 front seats

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

mcphoto

97 R50 front seats

Postby mcphoto » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:14 am

Well, my wife's 97 just won't die, 188k miles or so. The last year or two I've adopted it, babying it, and even getting some dings fixed. I've gotten a big crush on the thing. Good looking black truck, paint's as glossy as new. (I'm a photographer/video guy, and I can get half my studio in there with the rear seats down).

Speaking of seats - the front driver's seat bottom has the common wear on the left bolster, worn through. Most parting-out wrecks have the same problem. I'm wondering if the seat bottom upholstery pad from a right seat would fit the left? Anyone messed with their seats? Might get lucky at the bone yard.

I'm in Dallas so I could just take the seat to a mexican upholstery shop and have that panel fixed. Wouldn't likely match exactly, but the Mrs. is getting tired of the little foam bits everywhere.

An aside - replaced the rear susp. bushings and found a novel way to press the bushings into the arms - this only works if you have a pier & beam house foundation and a 20-ton foundation jack. Your floor will raise a good 1/2" before the bushing slams into place...

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”