Light and engine oil leak

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

68LSS1

Light and engine oil leak

Postby 68LSS1 » Sun May 11, 2014 3:19 pm

Hello, My son and I did a auto to manual swap a couple years ago and he's since moved on and I would like to pass her on. I have two issues I need to address. One, the headlights and fog lights don't work. I found some wires my son had repaired on a relay. The relay looks like it originally mounted inboard of the R/H hood hinge. I need to know where the wires go on the relay. I have two black that if I put power on go to the fog lights. I have a green wire that goes to ground right below the relay. I have a black wire that goes to a 15 amp fuse holder off the battery. Lastly there is another green and yellow wire that go into the harness on the firewall. I think there is more than one problem but if I could get the relay wired right that would help with the T/S. The wiring diagrams I have from the service manual aren't very good here. The second issue is since it has been sitting it has developed an oil leak when I start it up every week. It appears to be coming from maybe the forward side of the oil pan but it always runs down towards the right. The timing belt was done maybe four years ago (before I bought the truck). Even with the truck on a lift I can't pin point where it coming from but it has been suggested that it is the cam seal.

Thanks for any help.

Edit for: it is a '95 Pathfinder, might help huh?

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”